Biomedical Sciences at Brunel University

Watch
This discussion is closed.
JpCheneta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey guys, is anyone studying Biomedical Sciences at Brunel? I have applied for biomed 2011 and wanted to know how the course is like and about the placements which the course offers. Any idea and experience you have will be very helpful. Thanks in advance
parnie101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey there! Yes I'm currently in my second year, about to head of for revision before exams!

The course is great, but, like any degree it's whatever you make of it!If you have a passion for science or health care you will love it.
The lecturers are first class, all are respected, senior academics in their research areas. They have astounding knowledge and are so willing to help! The content is vast and at times complicated, but never boring!

Lab sessions are good, though demanding, usually you can have a laugh though!

The biosciences department is ever growing, with a centre for cell & chromosome biology, an institute of cancer research and cancer genetics (Founded by the awesome Prof. Rob Newbold) and a new institute for infectious disease and immunity as well as a great bio engineering department!

Bunel as a uni has great links with industry and there is plenty of opportuinty to gain work placements/experience and a significant number of BioMed grads go on to MSc, PhD study and Medical school!

Hope you enjoy it!
JpCheneta
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hello Parnie101.Thanks alot for the info. It's very helpful. I read about terrible things people were saying about the how difficult the course is and so on. But you have talked about the course from a bright perspective and I am excited to start it. And yes, I have passion for health science so I am sure I will love it. I will be attending an open day 15/04/11.

Thanks again for your help
parnie101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahh the course Is difficult (immunology is a *****, but the lecturer is very entertaining) but it is safisfying knowing you have worked hard.

Best of luck with the application, be sure to ask as many questions as you can on the openday.

If you do decide on Brunel, be sure to stay in the newer halls of residence...the older ones are a little outdated (just talking from experience haha)!
lokohim
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The course isn't difficult if you invest enough hours but 1 lecturer is definitely below par, one piece of advice is to skip all lectures in the first term of biochemistry and learn all the biochemistry foundations yourself, as Ms Andersons lectures are extremely rubbish and your unlikely to learn **** all from them. In contrast the term 2 lecturer is fantastic.
mhenry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys!
I just got into Brunel Biomed(Immunology), anyone else and any advice? )))))))))))))) I'm soooo excited!
OzzyB123
Report 9 years ago
Helloo people!! just wondering whether biomedical science is any good at brunel? are there any individual presentations you have to prepare? just really nervous about the course and want a better insight and is anyone going brunel to do biomed sciences 2012??? appreciate any help!! Thanks
Hennnaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got offers for regular and human health - anyone be able to tell me which would be a better foundation for grad med?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OzzyB123)
Helloo people!! just wondering whether biomedical science is any good at brunel? are there any individual presentations you have to prepare? just really nervous about the course and want a better insight and is anyone going brunel to do biomed sciences 2012??? appreciate any help!! Thanks
I have firmed biomedical sciences at brunel do you know if this course is popular at brunel? wondering if they would have a lot of applicants for biomedical sciences
ZubairAli
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, It's my first year in Brunel university and studying biomedical Science BSc.
Can you please help me in my Assignments.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ZubairAli)
Hi, It's my first year in Brunel university and studying biomedical Science BSc.
Can you please help me in my Assignments.
Probably best to start your own thread - this one is from 2012...

And now closed.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%
Italy (34)
8.27%
Netherlands (14)
3.41%
Other (Tell us who) (25)
6.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise