The Student Room Group

TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else find it funny how Iraq has one of the largest oil reserves in the world, more than Saudi and many other countries, yet it's one of the poorest oil supplying countries in the world and still worse off than it was before 2003. I wonder how that happened COUGH the west COUGH. But hey, at least it's a democracy now right... :rolleyes:

Same goes for Algerian gas.
Original post by arbissah
Hahaha.... la3ad minoo itdhekker il lakh?? Inti wela yemmich aslan... nasyetni min zaman. :P

Uni is good I suppose... enjoying it a lot more than last year! How about you have u started yet??? Moved away from home?

yumma shlon ansaak! inta soooo unforgettable :colone:

Glad to hear! I've started too, and yes moved away from home, you never warned me how difficult it can be! (how come you managed?! lool tshaqa :biggrin:)
Original post by scherezade
yumma shlon ansaak! inta soooo unforgettable :colone:

eeeee adree no need to tell me. :biggrin:

Original post by scherezade
Glad to hear! I've started too, and yes moved away from home, you never warned me how difficult it can be! (how come you managed?! lool tshaqa :biggrin:)

I'm pretty sure I did warn you though! Cooool where'd you move to?? (Unless you don't feel comf. saying it here or somth.) How is it? And I didn't reallyyyy manage I'm barely getting by haha.
Marhaba :smile:
Original post by arbissah
eeeee adree no need to tell me. :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure I did warn you though! Cooool where'd you move to?? (Unless you don't feel comf. saying it here or somth.) How is it? And I didn't reallyyyy manage I'm barely getting by haha.

i inboxed out of pure spite and haqara :colone:
Original post by AlligatorSky
Marhaba :smile:

mar7abteen ya noor al 3een :colondollar:
Reply 3226
eshu kilkom naymeen?

:lol:
Hi guys. Just thought I would drop by since I have few Iraqi friends :tongue:. How are you all doing ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't realise this existed till now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3229
Original post by Truefaith
I didn't realise this existed till now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ditto.

Shaku, maku?
Original post by myzt1kal
Ditto.

Shaku, maku?

Mako shay.
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3231
Mako shay.
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kel 3adah... debating religion!

I wonder if there any other atheist/agnostic Iraqis here.
Kel 3adah... debating religion!

I wonder if there any other atheist/agnostic Iraqis here.

Lol not much else to do!
Hmm, i dont think there are many.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3233
Lol not much else to do!
Hmm, i dont think there are many.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you thoughts on the state of our mother country today?
What are you thoughts on the state of our mother country today?

Pretty messed up tbh. Especially the daily bombings. Its really sad.

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3235
Pretty messed up tbh. Especially the daily bombings. Its really sad.

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, what else can be said.

I'm still eager to go back and visit it, though. The last time I went back I was only a child and it was just before the war. I often daydream of Baghdad. Nostalgia over our home, neighbourhood, school, childhood friends, relatives etc. just as it all was back in the 90s. I've come to realise what home sickness actually is only after having spent so many years away.

Someone in chat made an Ask a Kurd thread and posted pictures of Erbil... I was astounded at the seeming progress there. Asides from taking out a brutal dictator, Kurdistan seems to be the only success story to come out of this cluster****.
I know, what else can be said.

I'm still eager to go back and visit it, though. The last time I went back I was only a child and it was just before the war. I often daydream of Baghdad. Nostalgia over our home, neighbourhood, school, childhood friends, relatives etc. just as it all was back in the 90s. I've come to realise what home sickness actually is only after having spent so many years away.

Someone in chat made an Ask a Kurd thread and posted pictures of Erbil... I was astounded at the seeming progress there. Asides from taking out a brutal dictator, Kurdistan seems to be the only success story to come out of this cluster****.

Ah i went to ziyara earlier this year. Once you go you just want to go again and again.

Its not easy having relatives there. There is no guarantee that they are safe.

Yh some areas are actually quite good but others really, really need developing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3237
Ah i went to ziyara earlier this year. Once you go you just want to go again and again.

Its not easy having relatives there. There is no guarantee that they are safe.

Yh some areas are actually quite good but others really, really need developing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you visit and what do you usually do in those visits? The only shi'a link in my family is my grandmother's maternal side from Karbala via Persia (and I'm eternally grateful for it because it seems to be the source for the absolute magic that is my nan's cooking) but other than that I've never really known a shi'i.
What did you visit and what do you usually do in those visits? The only shi'a link in my family is my grandmother's maternal side from Karbala via Persia (and I'm eternally grateful for it because it seems to be the source for the absolute magic that is my nan's cooking) but other than that I've never really known a shi'i.

I went to Karbala, Najaf and al Kathamiya.
I really wanted to go to Samaraa but it was too dangerous.
You just pray and read dua etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3239
Hi everyone,

I was hoping that a few of you on here could help me out. I am currently researching the challenges faced by and the opportunities on offer to international students from Iraq that are looking to study at universities in the UK. I was hoping to get the thoughts of people that have undergone this process and understand a few personal experiences. I am looking at a broad spectrum, so this could include practical issues such at obtaining visas and meeting language requirements, or it could just be related to general day to day feelings about the whole experience. Sorry if anything like this has been discussed before.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending