Girls: Suppose a guy has bad teeth... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
...Like, REALLY bad teeth. Teeth that prevent him from smiling because they are just..that bad. Also suppose he has a medical condition preventing them from being fixed..

Would you get outright turned off even if you liked most other things about him? Honesty's appreciated.
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They'll say personality counts more, but in reality, no girl will particularly want to date you if your teeth are as bad as you say they are. Well unless you have way above average looks apart from your teeth, then maybe.
Menakshelatte
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no.
it depends if it's the shape or if its dirty.
if it's dirty i'd ask him to clean politely but the shape it's not his fault so i wont mind.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What medical condition would this be?

Would it stop said person from brushing his/her teeth regularly?
NOBODY MOVE!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
depends on what makes them bad.

if unclean/rotten then i would be put off.
if there are lots of missing teeth then i would be put off by this too.
if slightly crooked though,then i don't think this would be put off. ^^ i know more people with crooked teeth than perfectly straight teeth. even my upper teeth are not all that straight,though i am not bothered about this. i prefer to have my teeth as they are than to have straight teeth that are too big and make me look like a horse...yyou know, like that singer, taylor swift o_O
ilovethekooks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bad teeth? look at Luke Pritchard of the Kooks, he hasnt got the best teeth in the world. He's been famous for years so of course he's got the money to fix them but his teeth are still the same and I absolutely love him!!! And I'm sure many other girls think he's cute. I just can't imagine Luke with perfect teeth, it just wouldn't be the same. I love him the way he is.

So yea, there's more about someone than just teeth. I sometimes see guys with imperfect teeth and find them cute
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There might be a few teething problems in the relationship, but she might get used to them, or he might get them sorted. :ahee:
RoshniDiya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think an extraction is necessary OP... you could get your top teeth "stripped" - a painless procedure which takes some of your tooth away in order to create more space, so then they can be moved into place.

There's also clear aligners that you can get, which will move the teeth back so that the overlapping teeth will have enough room to be made straight. If you're really that insecure about it, go to a good dentist and find out about all the possible options.

Either way though, i don't think i'd mind as long as your teeth are clean.
Anonymous #1
What medical condition would this be?

Would it stop said person from brushing his/her teeth regularly?
Good questions - sorry I didn't elaborate earlier.

Basically a bleeding condition - doesn't stop me from brushing 3-4 times a day (but my gums bleed quite a bit when I do, thus leading to staining).

The issue isn't cleanliness - it's more about placement. There's a huge gap b/w my two front teeth and the two teeth to the left are almost "one on top of the other" (can't explain really :X). The bottom teeth are quite crooked but tbh I don't really think they're that bad.

Thanks for the responses so far~~
Anonymous #1
yeah I did mistakedly post non-anonymously before. note to self: don't be an ass
jthlm
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Honestly, you'll probably find a lot of girls who aren't interested. But you'll find a lot who won't care either. People have their types and people have things that attract them to others, and it's different for everyone. So don't be put off if it doesn't work out with a particular girl. Chances are, you just haven't met the right one yet.
username51312
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
in japan bad teeth are very popular, maybe consider moving?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ocC4LGQZwE...0/yaeba046.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7P2Wla4J_d.../cammy+fan.jpg
http://stephendavidsmith.net/tokyost...9/02/yaeba.jpg
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on what makes them bad. If they're dirty or you are missing quite a few then it would be a massive turn off but if they are just a bit crooked it wouldn't matter.
Escriba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
...Like, REALLY bad teeth. Teeth that prevent him from smiling because they are just..that bad. Also suppose he has a medical condition preventing them from being fixed..

Would you get outright turned off even if you liked most other things about him? Honesty's appreciated.
Big no-no for me. I'm not going to lie.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Good questions - sorry I didn't elaborate earlier.

Basically a bleeding condition - doesn't stop me from brushing 3-4 times a day (but my gums bleed quite a bit when I do, thus leading to staining).

The issue isn't cleanliness - it's more about placement. There's a huge gap b/w my two front teeth and the two teeth to the left are almost "one on top of the other" (can't explain really :X). The bottom teeth are quite crooked but tbh I don't really think they're that bad.

Thanks for the responses so far~~
So, you've got something like gingivitis and some snaggletooth.

That isn't too bad, to be entirely honest.

You could just get some teeth removed and braces for your snaggle tooth. Admittedly, if you're above 18, that could cost a **** load.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tabris)
So, you've got something like gingivitis and some snaggletooth.

That isn't too bad, to be entirely honest.

You could just get some teeth removed and braces for your snaggle tooth. Admittedly, if you're above 18, that could cost a **** load.
Yeah, I'm just hoping I can afford it all, plus I don't bleed to death in the process. Hence this whole "what if they can't be fixed EVER" scenario.

I've been referred to an orthodontist and am expecting an appointment letter any day now. Fingers crossed~~
Anonymous #1
FTR it's not gingivitis, it's a condition that affects platelet count.
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Escriba)
Big no-no for me. I'm not going to lie.
This.
Anihyon
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi ,I think the same
Anihyon
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed