This discussion is closed.
markh86
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have applied to my 6 universities for courses, is there any way at any point for me to change what course I have applied for, even if I have been accepted?

I heared about a thing called "clearing" what is this, would this be a way of applingy for a course at a university I haven't applied to?
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by markh86)
I have applied to my 6 universities for courses, is there any way at any point for me to change what course I have applied for, even if I have been accepted?

I heared about a thing called "clearing" what is this, would this be a way of applingy for a course at a university I haven't applied to?
I think you have to wait for results then cancel your place. Only then I think can you enter clearing.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I tried to do this last year but was unsuccessful and am now on a gap year.
best thing to do is contact the unis asap.
markh86
yeah, I have just contacted the uni.

I want to change from law to politics.

the politics one is slightly easier to get in and much much more interesting (ideologies and stuff).

I'd like to put it as second choice next to nottigham law (i'm sure i'll pass their test)
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My plan:
1) get into LSE for gov and econ
2) change to phil and econ before arriving
3) change to phil, logic and the scientific proccess during first term

-or just take a gap year and re-apply...
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could try contacting the unis u applied to, sumtimes they let you change course, they did at UMIST for me, otherwise you can decline all your offers and go into UCAS extra which starts in april where its like pre clearing thingy, look on the ucas website for info.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could decline all your offers and then enter ucas extra where you are allowed one additional choice but it depends how popular the courses/unis that you are applying to are as to whether or not they would have any places left for UCAS extra applicant - you would have to contact them directly to ask about this.
If you accept offers then cancel them after your A-Level results then as far as I know you CANNOT enter clearing, you will have withdraw from the whole UCAS scheme and apply next year. If you didn't get the grades you needed for your offers then of course you could...The only way to be able to reapply this year is to decline all your offers.
The best course of action, as many people have already said, I think would be to contact the unis direct and see if they will change your offers/consider you for a different course if you have not been made an offer yet - but with a personal statment geared towards Law you may have to be prepared for a bit of grovelling I think....
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
My plan:
1) get into LSE for gov and econ
2) change to phil and econ before arriving
3) change to phil, logic and the scientific proccess during first term

-or just take a gap year and re-apply...
Did you not have the grades to apply for the course you want? Or have you just changed your mind about it since applying?......sounds like a good plan though
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Did you not have the grades to apply for the course you want? Or have you just changed your mind about it since applying?......sounds like a good plan though
Yeah, I've changed my mind.
gov and econ is more popular thatn phil/logic/scient. process... I have predicted 776 at HL. 37 points total out of 42. Standard offer is 666 at HL and 38 points out of 45, so I'm not sure...
markh86
you are right about my personal statement

it is totally "law" "law" "law"

who knows, I got accepted to a business course at warwick with this law law law personal statement.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (150)
60.73%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.45%
No- I want it (69)
27.94%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads