Verbal Incontinence Syndrome (VIS) & American Paranoia Watch

This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
On an almost completely unrelated point, how do people with metal plates in their head get through security?
Because surely someone could plant a bomb in their head, say it was a metal plate and get through if it was as simple as just saying that you had a metal plate!!!
because its doesn't feel very nice having a bomb instead of a brain
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
I think she should get some sort of punishment to show her the consequences of being stupid, but i think a night in the cells and a hefty fine would be more than sufficient.
Well why doesn't half the population of the world get punished for stupidness then?
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
On an almost completely unrelated point, how do people with metal plates in their head get through security?
Because surely someone could plant a bomb in their head, say it was a metal plate and get through if it was as simple as just saying that you had a metal plate!!!
I guess that they don't. I remember hearing a while ago about a new method of drug smuggling - the smugglers would hollow out the metal parts of a wheelchair and fill it up with drugs, that way, they could be pushed straight through customs without being harassed.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
exactly - and I DON'T look like a bloody terrorist. It was so embarrassing - everyone was just staring - like I'd murdered someone or something - I think they are too paranoid
the terrorists best tool is blending into the background. someone who "does not look" like a terrorist is more likely to be a successful terrorist.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Well, i wouldn't know.
But they kill themselves anyway, so what does a little discomfort matter?
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
I'm sure that they wouldn't mind - most terrorists don't have a brain to be replaced.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
I guess that they don't. I remember hearing a while ago about a new method of drug smuggling - the smugglers would hollow out the metal parts of a wheelchair and fill it up with drugs, that way, they could be pushed straight through customs without being harassed.
Exactly. So whats to stop them putting a bomb in the wheelchair?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
the terrorists best tool is blending into the background. someone who "does not look" like a terrorist is more likely to be a successful terrorist.
he he - me holding my burburry perfume and wearing a pink Yankees hat - plus i was 16 - a baby - they shouldn't haveshouted at me
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, i wouldn't know.
But they kill themselves anyway, so what does a little discomfort matter?
a little discomfort? you'd probably lose your motor centre and be totally unable to walk through the metal detector or even to detonate the bomb
Mr White
Rep:
?
Well, we all know that someone in a wheelchair could never be at fault.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, we all know that someone in a wheelchair could never be at fault.
talking of wheelchairs, has anyone seen the front page of the mirror?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
a little discomfort? you'd probably lose your motor centre and be totally unable to walk through the metal detector or even to detonate the bomb
Well push them in, in a wheelchair, and fill that with explosives as well!!!
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well push them in, in a wheelchair, and fill that with explosives as well!!!
then why go to the expense of replacing someone's brain with a bomb if youve got the chair in the first place?
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
talking of wheelchairs, has anyone seen the front page of the mirror?
What's it about?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's it about?
Stephen Hawking being physically abused by his wife.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well why doesn't half the population of the world get punished for stupidness then?
There are levels of stupidness and you have to admit this is pretty stupid. I think it definitely deserves a good slap on the wrist anyone who is this stupid deserves a wake up call but I dont think that she deserves a prison sentence.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
then why go to the expense of replacing someone's brain with a bomb if youve got the chair in the first place?
If they search the chair or something, then you've still got explosives there!
I mean, who's going to check inside someone's head?
Maybe they put them through the x-ray machine as well!!!
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
Stephen Hawking being physically abused by his wife.
Ah yes, that. It sounds rather silly to me.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nothing - although you aren't allowed to keep you're wheelchair with you during the flight - you have to get strapped to a thin chair which has a very hannibal-lecter-on-a-parcel-truck feel to it and the baggage handlers take your chair and throw it around and loose the wheels/axles etc and you get it back with the rest of the luggage on arrival.

So if you wanted to blow up a plane it would have to be a remote control bomb - and I doubt that you'd be able to disguise an unoccupied wheelchair well enough to escape the attention of the baggage handlers.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
There are levels of stupidness and you have to admit this is pretty stupid. I think it definitely deserves a good slap on the wrist anyone who is this stupid deserves a wake up call but I dont think that she deserves a prison sentence.
Well yeah, but surely on a scale of stupidness, Bush would come way way further up. And he isn't being punished at all for it!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
26.67%
No (18)
60%
Don't know (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads