should he dump her? a male view pleas Watch

This discussion is closed.
poppy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Yet another member of my family causing problems. My brother (18) has been going out with his girlfriend for about 18 months. They are both at the same uni, however, he now wants to move into a flat, out of halls, but not move in with her. My mother is delighted as she is not particularly keen on the girlfriend. However, the girlfriend has now decided that the rest of the family hate her, think she is not good enough for my brother and is saying some quite nasty things about our mum. My brother doesn't seem too bothered. I have told him to get rid of her, the girlfriend. I am being spiteful, she really is quite bossy and my brother like a fool does everything she asks. Give me a male point of view. Do you like being told what to do all the time and not have to do a thing for yourself. Sorry for going on an on but it is getting to us all
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by poppy)
Yet another member of my family causing problems. My brother (18) has been going out with his girlfriend for about 18 months. They are both at the same uni, however, he now wants to move into a flat, out of halls, but not move in with her. My mother is delighted as she is not particularly keen on the girlfriend. However, the girlfriend has now decided that the rest of the family hate her, think she is not good enough for my brother and is saying some quite nasty things about our mum. My brother doesn't seem too bothered. I have told him to get rid of her, the girlfriend. I am being spiteful, she really is quite bossy and my brother like a fool does everything she asks. Give me a male point of view. Do you like being told what to do all the time and not have to do a thing for yourself. Sorry for going on an on but it is getting to us all
get rid of her she is way to bossy.They will do simple little things but thats it.She is using him so she feels good with herself
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by poppy)
Let him make his own decisions. He will hate you if you try to live his life for him.
poppy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Let him make his own decisions. He will hate you if you try to live his life for him.

We are trying to but she is so manipulative. The latest is that he will not come out for a family meal on Saturday because she doesn't like the restaurant.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by poppy)
We are trying to but she is so manipulative. The latest is that he will not come out for a family meal on Saturday because she doesn't like the restaurant.
If he enjoys being with her, then that is all that matters. Don't put your own concerns before his best interests.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hes 18 the odds are he wont be with her for life. But whilst hes with her theres no point arguing about it. The more you try to get them to break up the more stubborn he'll be about staying with her.
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love bossy women
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (389)
67.3%
No (189)
32.7%

Watched Threads