This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
howdy....i hope sum1 cud give me some help here, im stuck...

hypothesis: Sarah believes that people can estimate the size of lines better than estimating the size of angles.

investigate further...

i find it a bit vague...so im stuck as where to start, any help would be appreciated

//dave
HelenBrownsell
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
Could you make two work sheets. One with lines on and one with angles on. Then ask participants to estimate the lengths of these. You could look at how close each score got to the actual answer and take a mean for each work sheet. For example, it may be found that an average score of 11cm was given when it should have been 10cm for the length of a line but an average score of 95 degrees was given for a 110 degree angle. You would have to convert the differences into percentages as a 1cm difference in length is not the same as a 1 degree different in an angle. Making any sense? Probably not but I hope it helped slightly.

Helen Brownsell
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
i did this one also, you should have a data sheet with a load of results from people. what i did was used stratified sampling as this gives higher marks. and used a simple bar chart to show how the actual and the estimation was different. i then used standard deiviation to show the spread of the data. i handed this in and was told to be more specific. if it is just a practice then dont loose to much sleep over it. just save that for the proper coursework.

hope this is of help

adam
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (19)
8.6%
Confident (29)
13.12%
Indifferent (35)
15.84%
Unsure (62)
28.05%
Worried (76)
34.39%

Watched Threads