This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
After trying to setup my own society without sucess (students at home society) I am thinking of perhaps joining my unis alternative music society. However I was just interested to see who else is a member of societies in here and what it is.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There is 9 of us in he soon to be Anime Society at Portsmouth. We need 15 signatures before we get funding and room to watch it in *wahoo* but recruitment is slow... and I've been too ill recently to bully people into coming. damn.

Also joined the film society in freshers week, but never EVER heard anything from them... b*stards lol.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
There is 9 of us in he soon to be Anime Society at Portsmouth. We need 15 signatures before we get funding and room to watch it in *wahoo* but recruitment is slow... and I've been too ill recently to bully people into coming. damn.

Also joined the film society in freshers week, but never EVER heard anything from them... b*stards lol.
I've had serious problems getting the 15 signitures for my society.

http://www.robertsonnet.co.uk/society/

I currently have 6 signitures so I am giving up on it now.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I've had serious problems getting the 15 signitures for my society.

http://www.robertsonnet.co.uk/society/

I currently have 6 signitures so I am giving up on it now.
You need 30 signatures to start a society here...

I'm in the Cocktail Society (but only ever been to 2 of their events), the Cheese Society (yes that is correct but we were somehow bullied into it by the president who shoved a plate of cheese under our noses and told us we got some wine if we signed up, so we did <but didn't pay!> and i have never been to anything of theirs either - scandal is the president doesn't even like cheese!), and the Alchemy Society (because i am a chemistry student, however i haven't been to one of their events either).
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Brass Band, Wind Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra, Womens Cricket and Trampolining. Put my name down for a Mornington Crescent society, although we haven't got enough (30) signitures yet. Haven't joined the BioSoc yet.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads