Do you consider 'platonic' kissing on the lips with a guyfriend to be cheating? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
My girlfriend told me when she's drunk she kisses her friends - both guys and girls - on the lips like when saying goodbye or something. But not unattractive friends because that's 'gross'.

Personally I think kissing on the lips - platonic or no - crosses a line, is totally inappropriate and does equal cheating - albeit mild, but then all forms of cheating are bad. I know she would never do it in front of me, and if she had I would probably lose it.

Also she has cheated on both of her previous boyfriends at the end of last year and beginning of this year. I know the past is the past, but it still causes me to lose trust in her. She's also quite thoughtless and spontaneous when she's drunk and does and says stupid things like blurting out hurtful things about people. Knowing this and that she kisses her guyfriends, just makes me lose trust in her, especially as it's a long distance relationship. I do love her, but I don't know what to do since she's not really apologetic about it but has said she won't kiss guys again.
albertb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah, that defo crosses the line into cheating. not on the cheek maybe, but definitely on the lips.
tashazzz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My girlfriend told me when she's drunk she kisses her friends - both guys and girls - on the lips like when saying goodbye or something. But not unattractive friends because that's 'gross'.

Personally I think kissing on the lips - platonic or no - crosses a line, is totally inappropriate and does equal cheating - albeit mild, but then all forms of cheating are bad. I know she would never do it in front of me, and if she had I would probably lose it.

Also she has cheated on both of her previous boyfriends at the end of last year and beginning of this year. I know the past is the past, but it still causes me to lose trust in her. She's also quite thoughtless and spontaneous when she's drunk and does and says stupid things like blurting out hurtful things about people. Knowing this and that she kisses her guyfriends, just makes me lose trust in her, especially as it's a long distance relationship. I do love her, but I don't know what to do since she's not really apologetic about it but has said she won't kiss guys again.
So you're her third boyfriend in a matter of weeks?
Climbontoyourseahorse
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If I want to kiss my male friend in a platonic way, I will kiss him on the cheek. If I kiss someone on the lips, it is sexual.
RabbitCFH
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Since when is kissing a member of the opposite sex on the lips platonic?
sunlightxstarbright
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd be incredibly angry and the fact she only does it with attractive friends suggests it isn't platonic. Don't stand for it.
Anonymous #1
She said she won't do it again. I don't know what else to do to be honest especially given we're long distance. Threaten to end it sounds a bit far...and I don't really want to.
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 8 years ago

Hmm, depends how long and how "intimate" the kiss would actually be.

What about if a girl touches up (not in that way) another man? I.e. really caressing him (not down there) and all that?
Panda Bear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was OK with that until the bit about unattractive friends. Yeah, I'd be really pissed off.
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
YES

Kiss on lips = cheating.
Alt__x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
xxx
Peachykeen09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes. You're so dumb.
Persephone9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Personally I think kissing on the lips - platonic or no - crosses a line, is totally inappropriate and does equal cheating
Do you mean just guys, or guys and girls? I'm asking because despite all the guys I've dated knowing I'm bi, they have never had a problem with me kissing girls goodbye on the lips.

I kiss my closest friends on the lips, but more often girls than guys. I probably wouldn't kiss a guy on the lips whilst I had a boyfriend though (more to keep the peace, not because I think that it is inherently wrong).
TheHeart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sunlightxstarbright)
I'd be incredibly angry and the fact she only does it with attractive friends suggests it isn't platonic. Don't stand for it.

She said she won't do it again. I don't know what else to do to be honest especially given we're long distance. Threaten to end it sounds a bit far...and I don't really want to.
What do I do?
Wandawaisu
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Platonic when drunk, with a history of cheating, long distance... All points in one direction for me.. don't stand for it.

Of course I'm speaking as someone who doesn't know her and going purely by what I've read.
Calumcalum
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If both people in the relationship were OK with it and did it, I don't think it would be wrong (unlike further kissing or sex, which I think would still be wrong), but if one half is uncomfortable with it then I wouldn't be happy with it.
sunlightxstarbright
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What do I do?
You said she isn't apologetic about it? She needs to be. What she's done is downright wrong by your standards and she needs to acknowledge that. You need to try and make her understand that she's betrayed you in your eyes.
Phillipsherman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheHeart)
Anon fail.
thats cruel, to quote the anon fail so even if the OP deleted the post its still there for the world to see
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not a kissy person. Some people are and will go for the lips. I think this is fine as long as it's a peck.

e.g. Gay friend leaving a party pecks you, and everyone else, on the lips. It's fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads