This discussion is closed.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
How can Birmingham be 36th for English in the Times and 4th in the Guardian???! Not fair!!! How am i meant to make any kind of reasoned decision?? How is it possible that the two can be so different??????
KrazyAngel1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah i've noticed that the times and the guardians league tables can be very different in places. apparently its because they use different measurements and criteria so you've got to pick whats important for you and go with that.
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Most people have already said it, but league tables aren't to be taken too seriously. They change every year, and if you look at the actual points score, there are very few differences.

Umm.. I guess it'd be better for you to ask your teachers and those you trust for their opinions, as well as visit the places for yourself.

Take care, and I hope you're not too upset
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
best way to see which is better is to actually go there yourself, talk to staff and especially students, get an impression and get a feel for a course/uni.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (223)
60.93%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.37%
No- I want it (102)
27.87%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.83%

Watched Threads