This discussion is closed.
bgraham-taylor
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hi, I really am not understanding what cinematography is and I need some help!!
HelenBrownsell
Report 17 years ago
Just had a quick look around and I have found a few websites for you.

www.cinematography.com/ - has a forum which is specific to things like cinematography.

www.precinemahistory.net - this has the history of cinematography so may be useful.

The online oxford english dictionary (www.oed.com) defined cinematography as "The use of the cinematograph; the art of taking and reproducing films". It also defines a cinematograph as "A device (and the necessary apparatus) by which a series of instantaneous photographs of moving objects taken in rapid succession are projected on a screen in similarly rapid and intermittent succession so as to produce the illusion of a single moving scene. Also (= cinematograph camera), a camera used for taking such pictures; (= cinematograph picture or show), an exhibition or show of such pictures; a moving picture, ‘the pictures’ (cf. CINEMA). The full form of the word has been virtually displaced by its abbrev. cinema. "

This probably does help much but I tried my best. Have a look at those websites as they will probably help....I hope.

Helen Brownsell
bgraham-taylor
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hi,
thanx for that I was beginning to feel quite lost, how did you find a web site like that?
HelenBrownsell
Report 17 years ago
Hello

I just put "cinematography" into google and searched through about 20 maybe 30 websites clicking on the ones that sounded helpful. I use Google for everything. Its my happy, helpful, internet friend. Glad it helped a bit. Good luck with your work.

Helen Brownsell
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (161)
15.56%
Uncertainty around my education (168)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (99)
9.57%
Isolating with family (71)
6.86%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.77%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.7%
Loneliness (102)
9.86%
Financial worries (46)
4.44%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (95)
9.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.15%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.7%

Watched Threads