This discussion is closed.
sejpej
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
is there ne 1 out there who is doing law at oxford?
if so wat advice could u give me 4 my gcse's alevel's work experience...
etc u get de picture
i would very much appreciate the help
thnx
luv sejpej
xxx
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sejpej)
etc u get de picture
thnx
luv sejpej
xxx
Don't get your hopes up too much on Oxford. It's only 1/4 of people who apply who get in to their and these are those people who get fantastic grades at A-level and GCSE. And it is so long away! 6 years!
sejpej
(Original post by happysunshine)
Don't get your hopes up too much on Oxford. It's only 1/4 of people who apply who get in to their and these are those people who get fantastic grades at A-level and GCSE. And it is so long away! 6 years!
yeh i guess
wat otha uni would u say woz gd den?
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what alevels do you need for law?
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeh i guess
wat otha uni would u say woz gd den?
I don't know, you'd have to look at the league tables.

But don't worry about all this. Not to be cruel, but you may not do as well as you want in your GCSEs and a degree in law would be pointless.
sejpej
(Original post by happysunshine)
I don't know, you'd have to look at the league tables.

But don't worry about all this. Not to be cruel, but you may not do as well as you want in your GCSEs and a degree in law would be pointless.

yeh i suppose
thnx 4 de elp
Dreama
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hello

Just work real hard at your GCSE's. Set yourself targets of what you wish to achieve.

For my work experience I sat with a Judge for the week which I found very beneficial, and it has helped me greatly in gaining other experience.

As for A levels, many courses do not specify, but some prefer a mixture of arts and sciences, it's worth checking where you wish to apply

Good luck

xxx
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
etc u get de picture
thnx
luv sejpej
xxx
you can start by writing in proper english. i'm pretty sure oxford don't accept personal statements written in txt.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
you can start by writing in proper english. i'm pretty sure oxford don't accept personal statements written in txt.
agreeing!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Hehe it may make you stand out from the crowd though! Seriously though I think too many automaticaly assume oxbridge is the only way.
Moi
Report 16 years ago
I would say GCSE choice isn't that important, however you need to select your GCSE's considering which A levels you want to do. For A level pretty much all "respectable" subjects are fine. Personally I would avoid Law (some people get in to good Unis with it, but none are overly impressed so why take the chance?), also to be avoided are subjects like Business Studies, etc. If you want to do an arts based subject (art, photography, theatre studies) stick to one.
It's more important you show you have essay writting skills, an analytical mind and can read widely....for this subjects such as History and English Literature are ideal. Maths or Science subjects are probably also fine, but stick to what you're good at....... to get into a good Uni you will probably need mostly A's. A language can be helpful, I didn't do one and I was fine. If you enjoy languages an A level will certainly help, but if Oxford is your goal be confident you will get an A.
I'm sure some people will disagree claiming to have done 3 Arts subjects or Law, but like I said before why take a risk, especially if you have no strong preferences?

Hope this helps
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads