The Student Room Group

I'm in Year 12, when do we start doing UCAs forms?

I know what i want to study at university (geography) and i have looked at loads of uni websites and prospectuses and i think i know where i want to go and have four or five others that look good. September is the earliest you can actually send the UCAs forms, isn't it? But when do colleges start their students on filling in the forms and stuff coz i want to do it now!? Lol.
Reply 1
I think we started ours in June (after our AS-levels)
Reply 2
Thanks for the link Pencil Queen :smile:
Reply 3
We were told to start in the summer hols but i just did mine one weekend in september, you can apply from the 1st of september it think, if your appliing to oxbridge, med or other hard things then u had to apply but oct 15th this yr but it will be a different date for u. there isnt really that much point filling in your form this early, you dont gain anything, and you dont know ur grades to put on it yet either.
Reply 4
cobra01977
if your appliing to oxbridge, med or other hard things then u had to apply but oct 15th this yr but it will be a different date for u.

I thought the Oxbridge deadline was always 15th October.
Reply 5
Nylex
I thought the Oxbridge deadline was always 15th October.

It might be i only assumed they might move it
Reply 6
The Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry and Vetinary Medicine/Science deadline is always the 15th of October.

We did ours in the Autumn term of the Upper Sixth. However, we were told to give it some thought over the holidays - I don't think anyone did this though! I did however, receive some guidance in the mail from our Oxbridge coordinator in the summer holidays.

I wouldn't worry too much about when you start to do the form - worry about the content of it.

J.
Reply 7
it really depends on your school, but ours wanted us to sort out our personal statement and where we wanted to go before September (although many didn't) and then we filled them from septmeber to mid-October. If your thinking of applying to Oxbridge then the sooner you start thinking about it the better.

Latest

Trending

Trending