The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Law with French Interview

I have a Law with French Interview at UCL in two weeks, and would appreciate any help or tips anyone could give me, particularly regarding the French side, as I am stressing a little bit. If anyone has previous experience that would be very much appreciated, or any help at all, I don't feel like being too picky right now.

Thank you!!!
From experience with interviews, 99% of the time the interviewer is on your side and he wants you to do your best. One good piece of advice I was given was to very subtly steer questions in your favour so you can talk about the things you want to. But be careful not start chatting about something completely off the point. If you can get the right balance, you'll be doing well.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I have a Law with Spanish Law interview on the 19th. I know some interviews for the Law with x Law course have already taken place and there seemed to be a difference in the content of the interviews for the different languages. For example, the French one seemed a lot more geared towards law with a 5 minute chat at the end in French. However I've heard that Spanish ones tend to be more focused on speaking Spanish and less on the actual law part. I'm not sure about German Law.

I had 2 Law interviews and a Spanish one for the same course at Oxford in early December. My Spanish one consisted of a general chat about Spanish things (books/films you've read and seen, for example; I was asked about a Spanish-speaking country I'd like to visit, and what I liked to do as a child (which stumped me a bit)!). They won't take it much beyond A-Level standard because you're not expected to be that advanced. They only want an A in the language, so they won't ask you much beyond what you would reasonably be expected to know as part of your A-Level syllabus.

As for the law bit, well it could be anything. UCL don't tend to interview for law so it seems strange that they would put emphasis on that part of the interview. But, I might be wrong. I would suggest preparing the obvious questions ("why law?" "why UCL?" "why french law?") and keeping up to date with the news. Apart from that, there's not a lot you can do as you're not expected to have any pre-existing knowledge of the law.

Good luck =D
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending