The Student Room Group

About Year 11 study leave this year..

Does your school intend to proceed with the usual 'study leave' at around May?
My school are not allowing this year's Year 11 to take study leave at all, so we'll have to do our revision at school, which I do not want. Revising in a noisy building with all your friends around is near impossible :frown:
Is it just my school being like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We're getting it as long as we did well in mocks and up to date with coursework.
Reply 2
Ours is a grammar school and I think we get study leave around May - really confused to when it is though?! x
Reply 3
Mine is a grammar school and we get it around may (: hopefully!! nothing on school website yet :frown: edit: usually after the easter holidays
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I never had study leave in year 11, to be honest I think it's better to study in school - at home I'm too tempted to fb or watch tv or listen to music or something. And to be honest, it's probably better that you get used to studying in a noisy academic environment for uni.
Reply 5
I didn't get study leave last year :frown:
Thank you for your replies everyone :smile:
If our school didn't give study leave last summer then I would have thrown myself into an incinerator because I wouldn't have been able to watch much of the World Cup
Reply 8
I have 13 weeks left until study leave.
Feels weird that most of the stuff I'll be doing is revision now...
Reply 9
Not having study leave is a blessing. I know it may sound retarded but it really is. I had study leave during my mocks and not once was I able to complete a session of revision, I practically couldn't concentrate. Although I did not recieve bad grades but I could have done better. I think staying at school helps one focus as it is a concentrated environment rather than sitting at home with all the distractions.
Reply 10
Original post by besarlalluvia
Does your school intend to proceed with the usual 'study leave' at around May?
My school are not allowing this year's Year 11 to take study leave at all, so we'll have to do our revision at school, which I do not want. Revising in a noisy building with all your friends around is near impossible :frown:
Is it just my school being like this?

I did my GCSEs last year, they used to have study leave but they cut it off last year because they've said no-one actually studies at home. I think it helped me to be honest but that's because I get distracted easily at home :tongue:
Reply 11
I think we have some study leave but not as much as last year's students got. I'm glad tbh, I can't really focus in home. I'd much rather revise at school.
Original post by rae_
Not having study leave is a blessing. I know it may sound retarded but it really is. I had study leave during my mocks and not once was I able to complete a session of revision, I practically couldn't concentrate. Although I did not recieve bad grades but I could have done better. I think staying at school helps one focus as it is a concentrated environment rather than sitting at home with all the distractions.

You have a good point..
Reply 13
We have to study at school as well, we only have the weekend before the first GCSE to study at home. For me, this kinda sucks because when I actually do sit down to study, I do it best locked away in my room with silence.
Reply 14
I'm getting study leave. When everybody breaks up for the half-term before the summer holidays which is around the end of may we just stay at home. Repeats of Top Gear on Dave here i come! :wink:
Original post by Roxas13
I'm getting study leave. When everybody breaks up for the half-term before the summer holidays which is around the end of may we just stay at home. Repeats of Top Gear on Dave here i come! :wink:

D: So lucky!
I only got study leave after the May half-term, which was annoying because I had six exams before it. We did, however, get the morning/afternoon before an exam off. The thing is with that, it's almost as though the school was promoting last minute cramming....
Yes. We have about 2 weeks of normal school after Easter (although these are heavily interrupted by all the bank/public holidays, we have one 3 day week, then one 4 day week and maybe one full week) and then we go on a special timetable until our first exam. After that, it's study leave (although we still have to come in for some revision sessions I think).

EDIT: And I'm bloody glad too lol. Seriously, the people who say they prefered staying in school are blatantly lying lol. You can still study just as well at home, it's only if you choose not to then you're an idiot (like me).
(edited 13 years ago)
I go to a grammar school and we are starting study leave on the 13th May I think :smile: Which is great because I know from experience trying to revise at school with friends never works :L
My school are, but it's really short. We leave Mid June I think so we'll already of had some exams. The school tried it without a few years ago and then in June changed their minds and sent everyone home.

Quick Reply

Latest