Music at Cambridge Watch

This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Not a thread about studying music at cambridge...or even their numerous (though by all accounts very good) choirs...

I just wanted to ask any students currently studying at Cambridge whether or not they have any live venues that well known or reasonably well known bands come and play at within the town??

I only ask cos i love listening to music and hope that big bands do gigs there so i can go to them...if i get the grades...

If they do come....how often do bands come there and any famous ones within the last coupla years???

Cheers

G
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Not a thread about studying music at cambridge...or even their numerous (though by all accounts very good) choirs...

I just wanted to ask any students currently studying at Cambridge whether or not they have any live venues that well known or reasonably well known bands come and play at within the town??

I only ask cos i love listening to music and hope that big bands do gigs there so i can go to them...if i get the grades...

If they do come....how often do bands come there and any famous ones within the last coupla years???

Cheers

G

corn exchange
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
corn exchange
huh??

G
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
huh??

G
http://www.cambridge.gov.uk/cornex/cornex.htm
lucerna
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, at least one band I know of, A Perfect Circle are playing at the Corn Exchange soon. The Junction is meant to be another venue too...and Clare Cellars occasionally?
RxB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(I'm not a student at Cambridge, I just live here)

5 main venues:
Corn Exchange holds 1600 people, BRMC, A Perfect Circle, The Stranglers, Billy Bragg etc all playing there in the next few months. Sum 41, Less Than Jake etc have played there.
Junction holds about 800. Bands like Funeral for a Friend and [spunge] play there, but it's usually a club.
Then there's The Boat Race, Man on the Moon and Portland Arms (200, 120 and 90 respectively) for smaller bands.

PM me if you want more info.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (489)
80.03%
Leave (122)
19.97%

Watched Threads