Dizzee Rascal Watch

This discussion is closed.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i don't get how people can actually enjoy listening to crap like dizziee rascal.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
hey yes indeed, my avatar comsists of a wishwash colour dots thing, got it from that wow lol !

and yes, no matter how annoyed people get, "urban" music is moronic, depressing and negative.
Ahh God not again!....Another bunch of greebos trying to **** off music that makes sense to millions (in fact the largest percentage of the global music-buying population) Can't you understand that everyone has there own taste in music, i.e. what sounds good to them?, what says the most lyrically to them? etc..., whether that be "urban" (as you without a clue like to call it) or that big din you call rock music!

PS. I luv Dizzee, he definatly deserved the mercury music prize, I love, I luv you too, its definatly one of his best songs...I havent bought the album but i've downloaded a few tracks and I think its heavy!

PPS. Whatever you think of him Dizzee Rascal ain't hip-hop, his lke a transitional artist, no British Artist is ever hip-hop, or R&B for that matter

Luv
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
no no, i dont want to argue. music is the one thing you cant argue because its what people like and what they dont. you cant really change that.

but theres no need to come on the thread sayin ah hiphop; loada crap.
of course but who actually listens to the so-called lyrics of it? That genre carries more in its image and apparently social popularity being a "badboy" ie Da Blazing Squad, does urban music have its own language now? dat tune is phat man, lets go blow up some phoneboxes while i lissen to me nicked mp3 playa yo, :rolleyes:
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
of course but who actually listens to the so-called lyrics of it? That genre carries more in its image and apparently social popularity being a "badboy" ie Da Blazing Squad, does urban music have its own language now? dat tune is phat man, lets go blow up some phoneboxes while i lissen to me nicked mp3 playa yo, :rolleyes:
yeah i was listening until you got to 'its own language now?'
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Ahh God not again!....Another bunch of greebos trying to **** off music that makes sense to millions (in fact the largest percentage of the global music-buying population) Can't you understand that everyone has there own taste in music, i.e. what sounds good to them?, what says the most lyrically to them? etc..., whether that be "urban" (as you without a clue like to call it) or that big din you call rock music!

PS. I luv Dizzee, he definatly deserved the mercury music prize, I love, I luv you too, its definatly one of his best songs...I havent bought the album but i've downloaded a few tracks and I think its heavy!

PPS. Whatever you think of him Dizzee Rascal ain't hip-hop, his lke a transitional artist, no British Artist is ever hip-hop, or R&B for that matter

Luv
1) greebos? who/what are you referring me to?
2) no my mind capacity does not exceed the limit to which i compute others have their own tastes in music :rolleyes:
3) ballads and punk say the most lyrically
4) what is urban music then?
5) explain transitional or your definition for me
6) my tastes go beyond "rock" music, i like what is all and good, with a nice harmony and meaning, aka not hiphop, urban flavas (lol), r&b, gangsta, rap, or any other cockswill.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I listen to the lyrics. I don't listen to Blazin Squad though.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1) greebos? who/what are you referring me to?
2) no my mind capacity does not exceed the limit to which i compute others have their own tastes in music :rolleyes:
4) what is urban music then?
5) explain transitional or your definition for me
6) my tastes go beyond "rock" music, i like what is all and good, with a nice harmony and meaning, aka not hiphop, urban flavas (lol), r&b, gangsta, rap, or any other cockswill.
give me some examples of punk music please, i dont really know much about it..
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://www.lnreview.co.uk/hi/music/000233.php - interesting article on Dizzee's use of language
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
why so, please can i have more of a comment?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
give me some examples of punk music please, i dont really know much about it..
ok sure, examples of punk music:

Sex Pistols
The Clash
The Ramones
more recently: The Libertines.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok sure, examples of punk music:

Sex Pistols
The Clash
The Ramones
more recently: The Libertines.
sorry i shouldve asked for some song names too; anything you like particularly.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why so, please can i have more of a comment?
You're dismissing an entire genre of music despite the fact that you have limited expierence of it. To say that one form of popular music (punk) is deeper than an other (hip-hop) is well, ********. Some hip-hop songs are deep, some are not. The same applies for any other genre (be it punk, rock or whatevre).
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sorry, 'say the most lyrically'. My point still stands.
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why dont u start by ansewrin ur question...who does and doesnt listen to the "so-called" lyrics? i bet you cant because you dont actually know what other people think and are listenin to when they listen to music. you may not listen to the lyrics but many others do...i being one of them.

and what makes you so sure that this "own language" and the "badboy" image is influencing people. there is no direct link. it could just be that they are reflecting on what happens in real life. in relation to the "own language", its just slang. its just different to the type of slang used 10 years ago, and no doubt will be different in the next 10 years.

Another thing...Blazing Squad are NOT "badboys." i can assure you on that.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://www.lnreview.co.uk/hi/music/000233.php - interesting article on Dizzee's use of language
the songs in Dutty Rock characteristically focus on girls, sex, dancing and parties, their lyrics are remarkably clean, and graphically sexual ideas and images are eschewed. Caribbean slang for coitus - wuk [work: noun and verb] – is frequently evident; but beyond that, euphemistic bawdy is used: the part weh you got in a you centre [ the pudenda] ; di woody woody, me pole [the phallus] ; make me stone up / And tiger bone up… get me sittin' well grown up [Dutty's tumescence] and Just land di big jet 'pon di runway [coitus].

lol, not dizzy but hey, i read the article and i really didnt see the guys point tobe honest, he said one thing about Blazing Squad and then another about Mr. Rascal.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
and what makes you so sure that this "own language" and the "badboy" image is influencing people. there is no direct link. it could just be that they are reflecting on what happens in real life
the amount of people i see walking the streets, dressing in a particular way, you know what i mean: 45degree cap angle, trousers tucked in socks, "classic" trainers, filthy mouths, all listening to ummm whats that music again, ah yes thats right urrrrrrbaaaaaan. They also use the phrases and buzz words, popular ones are "fix up look sharp" now i know where that came from thanks to the article provided.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sorry, 'say the most lyrically'. My point still stands.
no i dont think it does, music from bands such as The Sex Pistols spoke out about views people had at the time, and made people turn round and be shocked/inspired. This goes for many many artists but i fail to se where urban music has made a real positive contribution to the world, only the negatives, maybe this will change.

edit* i've got homework to do but i'll read any replies given later.
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the amount of people i see walking the streets, dressing in a particular way, you know what i mean: 45degree cap angle, trousers tucked in socks, "classic" trainers, filthy mouths, all listening to ummm whats that music again, ah yes thats right urrrrrrbaaaaaan. They also use the phrases and buzz words, popular ones are "fix up look sharp" now i know where that came from thanks to the article provided.

you've just said how they dress. you havent actually linked them together. and anyway, just because they dress like that and talk in a certain way. i understand that they may want to be gangstas or badboys but it doesnt mean they're influenced by urban music. there are many more influences besides music that can explain it, the most important one of them being upbringing. i've lisetned to all kinda of urban music and not once have i been influenced by it to be a "badboy."

what does "fix up look sharp" actually mean?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no i dont think it does, music from bands such as The Sex Pistols spoke out about views people had at the time, and made people turn round and be shocked/inspired. This goes for many many artists but i fail to se where urban music has made a real positive contribution to the world, only the negatives, maybe this will change.

edit* i've got homework to do but i'll read any replies given later.
Listen to some Nas.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads