Listen to some Nas.
lol exactly
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
you've just said how they dress. you havent actually linked them together. and anyway, just because they dress like that and talk in a certain way. i understand that they may want to be gangstas or badboys but it doesnt mean they're influenced by urban music. there are many more influences besides music that can explain it, the most important one of them being upbringing. i've lisetned to all kinda of urban music and not once have i been influenced by it to be a "badboy."

what does "fix up look sharp" actually mean?
Youve got to admit they all dress the same because they want to look 'it'. They want to look like theyve got all the women, all the (fake) jewellery, all the success etc. The way they dress is their uniform. They all think theyre so tough limping round the streets looking like a fool. Theyre very intimidating aswell. All this black american culture is doing nothing for society. It encourages drug dealing and robberies etc.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
of course but who actually listens to the so-called lyrics of it? That genre carries more in its image and apparently social popularity being a "badboy" ie Da Blazing Squad, does urban music have its own language now? dat tune is phat man, lets go blow up some phoneboxes while i lissen to me nicked mp3 playa yo, :rolleyes:
Don't be so ignorant, I actually listen to Hip-hop lyrics as they more relevent and profound then the "Rocky lyrics" then you listen to..just because you don't understand them does'nt mean everyone does'nt!
For example...What the hell do the lyrics in "Our time is running out mean"...
"U will be the death of me", "Bury it" "smoother it" *Random, unnecessary guitar strum* "Other lyrics connected to death, suicide and homicide even though it suppose to be a love song!"
I mean whaaat the hell is that all about! Just a 3 minute suicide letter in my eyes! I can imagine you must get real enjoyment out of listening to that! :rolleyes: Yeah! You must be like...Death to die to!...Goodie!
So sorry if your trying to tell me that those random conncotion of deathly words is better that lyrics by Dre, Tupac, BIG etc... talking about their life and events thats actually happened to them, I whole heartly don't agree with you hunny!
Sorry but I agree that there can be no right and wrong in music but you can't say that about Hip-hop lyrics when the likes of me and millions of others may I add, enjoy and understand hip-hop! Yeah theres an image behind it, but so does your rock music!

Luv
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Listen to some Nas.
Yeah!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
you've just said how they dress. you havent actually linked them together. and anyway, just because they dress like that and talk in a certain way. i understand that they may want to be gangstas or badboys but it doesnt mean they're influenced by urban music. there are many more influences besides music that can explain it, the most important one of them being upbringing. i've lisetned to all kinda of urban music and not once have i been influenced by it to be a "badboy."

what does "fix up look sharp" actually mean?
fix up look sharp - sort yer self out, look good (its too clumsy to say in normal english)
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
Youve got to admit they all dress the same because they want to look 'it'. They want to look like theyve got all the women, all the (fake) jewellery, all the success etc. The way they dress is their uniform. They all think theyre so tough limping round the streets looking like a fool. Theyre very intimidating aswell. All this black american culture is doing nothing for society. It encourages drug dealing and robberies etc.
And your tellin me rock singers don't all look the same....
Is it me, or do all nu metal people wear vans, own skateboards and smoke green. And all heavy metallers have long unkempt hair and do any drugs they can get their hands on along with a cocktail of alcohol
and all punk ppl have a scrap yard amount of piercing dotted all over their body and do coke...oh and all ska, dress black and white!

See how ignorant i'm being, of course its not true, but thats the opinion your tryin to express!

luv
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not normally ino hip hopy kinda things, but when dizee rascal did the collaberation with basement jaxx that really got me into him.
Cloudy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
I'm not normally ino hip hopy kinda things, but when dizee rascal did the collaberation with basement jaxx that really got me into him.
I thought that was completely poo but I think he is good, well sort of good.

Love Cloudy
*dave*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
And your tellin me rock singers don't all look the same....
Is it me, or do all nu metal people wear vans, own skateboards and smoke green. And all heavy metallers have long unkempt hair and do any drugs they can get their hands on along with a cocktail of alcohol
and all punk ppl have a scrap yard amount of piercing dotted all over their body and do coke...oh and all ska, dress black and white!

See how ignorant i'm being, of course its not true, but thats the opinion your tryin to express!

luv
but punk people dont commit crimes all over the place. Every single theif weve had in the shop I work in was a townie. They all speak a stupid language and theyre trying to sound like black american rappers its not cool and its not hard. They hang around in gangs cos it makes them feel good and they cant do stuff on their own.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry if i offend anyone here who likes mr ****-i mean dizzie or however the hell you call him. But i think that he is kack.

you see fix up look sharp's openeing video and it makes you wanna turn the channel.

he didn't deserve to win an award. i havn't bothered to find out and listen to any of his other songs kos it would be pointless.

basically, there are way more other people who have more talent than he does. i mean wtf, "fix up look sharp" in that sheit voice he puts on.

i don't see how people kan listen to that tripe. and i don't see how some people kan listen to korn and bands like that who just shout like hell into the mic, "Hellooooooooo were not deaf, but we will be i f you carry on singing like that!"

I like basically nearly all songs, if they have good lyrics, music, harmony and beats. so don't say that my music choice is too narrow.

but its ur choice if you wanna brainwash ur head with mr idio-----dizze crap lyrics which my dog kould make up along with my hamster band.

ei-ei-woof-eiiiiiiiiiiii
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
but punk people dont commit crimes all over the place. Every single theif weve had in the shop I work in was a townie. They all speak a stupid language and theyre trying to sound like black american rappers its not cool and its not hard. They hang around in gangs cos it makes them feel good and they cant do stuff on their own.
right yeh so i listen to the music so im a criminal now huh.
hey! ive heard of lots of white people that are rapists! all white people are rapists!
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
right yeh so i listen to the music so im a criminal now huh.
hey! ive heard of lots of white people that are rapists! all white people are rapists!
Now children
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
Now children
Sigh. He means you shouldn't stereotype people like that, cos it's stupid.
chatty gal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by felixjmorgan)
Whatcha think of him? I think he has huge talent lyrically, and is setting a great path for other UK urban artists to follow him. Anyone know where i can download the dizzee vs. asher d battle without having to download any extra software (ie- not kazaa)

Dizzee rascal iz heavy hiz musik iz da bomb i love him!!
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chatty gal)
kan i please ask as to what the hell you like in his music?
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ****)
Nas sucks. I know I can. ***** ass *****.
(Really racist but....)

dun m8
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
1) greebos? who/what are you referring me to?
2) no my mind capacity does not exceed the limit to which i compute others have their own tastes in music :rolleyes:
3) ballads and punk say the most lyrically
4) what is urban music then?
5) explain transitional or your definition for me
6) my tastes go beyond "rock" music, i like what is all and good, with a nice harmony and meaning, aka not hiphop, urban flavas (lol), r&b, gangsta, rap, or any other cockswill.

COCKSWILL???!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha!
*dave*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im not saying all people who listen to this music are criminals. Im saying that (im my experience working in shop) all the criminals listen to this type of music (in that they wear its uniform). There is a big difference.
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've seen dizzie rascal live - he was crap! sorry but its true (I was well into him, and still like his album) but live..... it was pants!
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chatty gal)
I honestly thought that was a sarcastic post for a second. Then I read the signature.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (237)
61.72%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.69%
No- I want it (104)
27.08%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.51%

Watched Threads