The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Presuming the context to be post-WWI Germany: sure; although your English teacher would be bringing in approximately £90,000.
Reply 2
Profesh
Presuming the context to be post-WWI Germany: sure; although your English teacher would be bringing in approximately £90,000.

WW1... wtf?

Profesh as opaque as usual i suppose, lawyers :wink:

normal pharmacists earn approx 30k, nothing like 60k
I have no idea. What does any of this have to do with the war!
Reply 4
hyperinflation.
ahhhh, cheers
LOL depends what they do. I seriously doubt it, although if they were a large store manager or area manager or something like that then I guess it's not inconceivable.
Its not totally inconceivable. When i was doing my summer placement thing there they seemed to have an array of positons which didn't really give you a clue as to what they do to recieve so much more (choose a variety of words from local/regional/northwest, pharmacy, teambuilder/co-ordinator/superintendent) but they did get paid a lot of money. and they let us know that. repeatedly.

Why do people obsess so much over money on here though? Do you not think its pos to live comfortably off £30k a year?
Reply 8
Firstly, many thanks to everyone for the information.

It is greatly appreciated.

I only asked, because a "friend" said this is what they were earning, and I realy wasn't sure if they were telling the truth, that's why I thought I'd come and pick the brains of all you kind souls, on TSR!!!

Thanks again.

Oh, and "Jimmocrates" - With the greatest of respect, I'm not obssessed about money. I work in a charity shop as a VOLUNTEER 3 times a week, and regularly run collections and do as much charity work as I can.Trust me, I don't need to "obsess" about money.

I would truly appreciate it if you were to think about what you say in the future. (By the way - have you donated to the asia quake appeal? Please do spare what you can, if you haven't)

Best wishes.
Ok, sorry for the offence caused. No malisciousousous intent in my message. I chose the subject cos i wanted to help people and we seem to get a lot of people coming on who are basing their decision on whether or not to do it based on the amount of pay they get and respect compared to other jobs.

Congratulations on your charity work, its very noble of you. I won't lie - I haven't donated to the asia earthquake appeal. You are a obviously a better person than me.

Latest

Trending

Trending