Report 8 years ago
Relative to what/where?
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why do you care? Surely its the degree and to a much lesser extent the social life that are important?
jamesman13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sts1)
self-explanatory title
how long is a piece of string...
kebabmonk
Report 8 years ago
It depends to what you compare it with......
geoaberdeen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Why do you care? Surely its the degree and to a much lesser extent the social life that are important?
Surely this is what he is talking about? How can social life be prestigious?

Aberdeen is decent but is not at the same level as Edinburgh or St. Andrews for most subjects. It has a good international reputation in medicine and in the geosciences that I am aware of. It was ranked 157th globally last year which is not too bad.
al45ta1r
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For a while a few years ago it was ranked as the best law school in Scotland, about 2008 it was 5th in UK behind Oxbridge, UCL and LSE.
RDL445
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Its been declining heavily in the league tables ever since RamocitoMorales started posting on this forum. Constantly preaching about Aberdeen.

A friend when there on an open day, there seems to be one colour scheme and that is grey. Aberseen isnt that presitgious when compared with other unis in Scotland and England
69Crazyfists
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's one of the original unis, but these days it's always ranked up in the 30s for most subjects. Although it's still highly regarded for Medicine and Law.
Vitamin D
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kebabmonk)
It depends with which universities you are also applying to.

In scotland, it is known as one of the best, but then again, there are not many good universities in Scotland.

Overall..... not prestigous like Durham, Warwick standard, but surely just under Manchester, Edinburgh standard.
I hope you're not implying that most of the universities in Scotland are pants...
(You)
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's as prestigious as you want it to be. In other words: prestige is subjective.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not considered prestigious by the locals, and I say this as someone who went to school and grew up in the Shire. It's considered to provide a strong education in most subjects to us locals and that's why so many of us apply there.
mohmech
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Aberdeen University rank in the UK is 22nd , do not judge the university because you do not like the city .
heyitsmika
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The Uni of Aberdeen has recently been climbing up the uni rankings again. It was named Scottish University of the Year, and has now even surpassed St Andrews, according to the Times Higher Education Ranking 2019.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.41%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.66%
No (129)
35.93%

Watched Threads