The Student Room Group

English controlled assessment grades

Hi, I got 26/30 in my controlled asessment. I got told I got band 5 which i think is the highest band, however i did not get told a grade. Can anyone suggest the grade I got? Oh and i think the exam board is AQA
Hey! We also did a controlled assessment with AQA :smile:
Our teacher told us that the grade boundaries will only be released at the end of the year when the total results for the whole course are in. This is because if everyone in the country did bad then the boundaries for say an A* will be lower and vice versa.

Hope i helped! :smile:
btw which controlled assessment did you do?
Reply 2
ok thanks, I did it on touching the void, but different classes did different things :smile:
Sounds like a definite A*. Though saying that, back in my day we did coursework.
Reply 4
I did mine with OCR, got 40/40 on poetry... awaiting Shakespeare result, but I think I did OK in it. 26/30 is 87% and sounds like an A*, I'd have thought. :smile:
Reply 5
ok thanks guys :smile:
Reply 6
Does anyone know if it is done on percentage or whether other peoples results will affect my grade?
26/30 is an A grade..

you need about 72/80 overall for an A*

so 26+(26)+(18)= 70

so probably an A, unless you get higher marks for the other tasks
Reply 8
hey, if I got A or B for my controlled assessments what is the minimum mark I need to get on the exam to get grade C?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending