The Student Room Group

British girls about "chinese" guys

Alright, found this forum and thought I might get some answers here...

I'm a 23 year old Swedish guy how was adopted from China when I was 6 months old. I consider myself Swedish and so does everyone else where I'm from.

I came here to Brighton at the end of August, and during the four months that have passed while being here, I've noticed a huge different from home in the way girls act and treat me..

Home in Sweden, girls is not a problem. It is easy to chat them up, and it is generally they who are initiating the contact by taking eye contact, smiling and so on.

Here in UK, girls treat me like I do not exist, look down on me, avoid eye contact with me and seem very reluctant to speak to me. TBH, I get a strange feeling that they already has an opinion about how I am as a person, and that they literally don't like me.

In a few cases when the girl before I've started talking to her, already has realized that I'm Swedish/not Chinese, she is completely different towards me. A more common and very clear example is how British girls around me change when "finding out" the recently mentioned fact.

The guys are maybe a little bit more friendly, and usually has a few questions about Sweden, when they find out, but more or less treat me the same way no matter where I'm from.

And no, I don't wear a belly bag or whatever u call it, wear socks with sandals, am a google-eye or looks like I'm fresh of the boat. Though my stature is quite typical Chinese I guess, 172cm. Nor am I shy (at least not for being a Swede), but quite outgoing and easygoing.

So if there are any British girls who could be straight with me and explain what's up, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
/Schweinsteiger

Scroll to see replies

****ing bitches man, what can you do?
Reply 2

inb4 Mr Smurf reference.
Reply 3
I think you're talking to the wrong girls. Not all girls in the UK are the same, you know.
Reply 4

I think it's cause there's a rumour you guys have small penises. :dontknow:

My advice is when you see a girl you like, give her a quick flash, so she can see for herself that you are not one of those unfortunate individuals.

Plus it will make convo or a story to tell your kids one day.
Reply 5
i know quite a few diplomats MNC sons daughters.
maybe you are in wrong places???
i wouldnt try to make people understand that you are a swede.
thats a bit too much for me.
Reply 6
Original post by i.student

Surely OP would speak English with a Swedish accent rather than a Mainland Chinese accent so most people would assume he's lived in Sweden (or more probably Scandinavia) for most of his life (if not born there)?
Reply 7
Do you mean white-British girls? Are you trying to get with them or just make friends? I am an Oriental guy and I was born and raised in the UK. I don't have any problems making friends with white girls. But when it comes to something more, it's like getting blood out of a stone because white girls never go for Oriental guys :sad:.
Original post by explosions hurt
****ing bitches man, what can you do?

Haha u tell me!

Original post by tbm
I think you're talking to the wrong girls. Not all girls in the UK are the same, you know.

But shouldn't Brighton and Hove be quite alright then? Isn't it more like this when u go further up north in the country?

Original post by Yawn11
I think it's cause there's a rumour you guys have small penises. :dontknow:

My advice is when you see a girl you like, give her a quick flash, so she can see for herself that you are not one of those unfortunate individuals.

Plus it will make convo or a story to tell your kids one day.

Hahaha, yeah I've heard that one before, but I does not make sense. If that was the case I would have the same problem in Sweden, and I really don't.

Well it seems to be impossible for u guys to separate me from the Chinese, since u all get really surprised every time u find out. So unfortunately I don't really that strategy working...

Original post by i.student

Brighton & Hove, doesn't matter where I'm at, it's the same thing in every club and pub.

Haha yeah, people seem to find it quite hard to understand.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Do you mean white-British girls? Are you trying to get with them or just make friends? I am an Oriental guy and I was born and raised in the UK. I don't have any problems making friends with white girls. But when it comes to something more, it's like getting blood out of a stone because white girls never go for Oriental guys :sad:.

Why don't you go for other girls then, buddy? :frown:
Reply 10

maybe you should study them harder. (joke)
i dont think this is true.
you cant get laid.
Reply 11
Original post by Lewroll

this.
Reply 12
You can pull Swedish girls so why even give English girls a second thought...seems a no brainer to me.
Original post by effofex
Surely OP would speak English with a Swedish accent rather than a Mainland Chinese accent so most people would assume he's lived in Sweden (or more probably Scandinavia) for most of his life (if not born there)?

My speaking is quite good, and since Sweden is very Americanized people find it hard to get where I'm from by just listening to me. 9/10 people can't place me, and the one who "can" is sure that I am from China or sth.

Well I'm used to have hot girls in my life, so yes when I occasionally see something I like I go for it here, but it's crash and burn... Well, I can understand the British girls in some ways, because it is the same thing at home in Sweden. 99% of the guys u see from Asian looks like ****, or there personality is boring, so I don't blame the girls for not being interesting. But as I mentioned, I'm not dressed like I am fresh of the boat.

Original post by DarkSenrine
You're 5 foot 6.

That's why.

Are u serious? It sound strange to me since Swedes are taller then u are in this country, and as earlier mentioned, I don't have this problem at home.
Reply 14

You realize self-pity won't improve your situation, right?
Original post by kris-one
You can pull Swedish girls so why even give English girls a second thought...seems a no brainer to me.

Firstly there are quite few Swedes here that I know of, and secondly because I don't want to have Swedish girls or hang out with Swedes when I'm here. Then I could just have stayed at home if that was the case.

Also part of being here is to "taste different cultures" since I'm at a language school.
Reply 16
Original post by Schweinsteiger
My speaking is quite good, and since Sweden is very Americanized people find it hard to get where I'm from by just listening to me. 9/10 people can't place me, and the one who "can" is sure that I am from China or sth.

Lol - how is Sverige Americanized? Aren't they like nearly polar opposites when it comes to the role of the state (e.g. welfare provision, income and corporation tax, female representation in parliament/Senate).

My accent is a mixture of London, Subcontinental and Home Counties so people guess I'm from a whole range of places too (Iran, Pakistan, Bengal, Egypt, Turkey, Arabia, Spain, Italy, Morocco, Australia, India, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Panama etc.) when I'm actually from Bangalore.
Original post by effofex
Lol - how is Sverige Americanized? Aren't they like nearly polar opposites when it comes to the role of the state (e.g. welfare provision, income and corporation tax, female representation in parliament/Senate).

My accent is a mixture of London, Subcontinental and Home Counties so people guess I'm from a whole range of places too (Iran, Pakistan, Bengal, Egypt, Turkey, Arabia, Spain, Italy, Morocco, Australia, India, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Panama etc.) when I'm actually from Bangalore.

Haha yeah u are right, but when it comes down to media, and the fact that we generally use quite many English words when we are speaking Swedish, we are Americanized in comparasion to other European countries.
Reply 18
Original post by Lewroll

Because I like white girls :sadnod:.
Reply 19
i hate to say it, but a lot of girls, Caucasians, don't find AZN's attractive, i would put it down to not wanting to have a Chinese looking child... what can you do but find someone who accepts you for who you are, I'm sure you'll find someone, we have some real slags in England.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending