This discussion is closed.
cherrydrops1985
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
oh yeh definately. if ur infertile then u shud be allowed to hav it on NHS but not if ur a lesbo,. no way. homosexuality is grosse, it messes up nature and i dont care if people call me narrow minded, i would rather die than be brought up bu 2 lesbos or gays.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
but lesbians are still humans and if they want children and physically cant, they should be allowed.

If you are infertile, you would expect IVF treatment. Lesbians are, in effect, infertile too.
so are men..they should be allowed? nature has its restrictions, yes weve broken some, but there is a line and this is crossing one.
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by SparklLZz)
oh yeh definately. if ur infertile then u shud be allowed to hav it on NHS but not if ur a lesbo,. no way. homosexuality is grosse, it messes up nature and i dont care if people call me narrow minded, i would rather die than be brought up bu 2 lesbos or gays.
we should accept homosexuality by all means, but sexuality permits gays from procreating and that is a fact that they should accept. infertility treatment should only take place if the sperm is from the partner or husband of the mother.

im interested in hearing peoples views on free cosmetic surgery on the NHS. do we all have a right to a perfect body?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ****)
So what? Just because they prefer to lick minge doesnt mean that they should be denied the right to have children. Grow up
IF you don't want to perform the NATURAL act of procreation then you can't expect children.
I'm not against homosexuality, but I do believe that the family unit is important, and allowing this sort of thing won't help
J
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by foolfarian)
IF you don't want to perform the NATURAL act of procreation then you can't expect children.
I'm not against homosexuality, but I do believe that the family unit is important, and allowing this sort of thing won't help
J
quite right.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For me it would depend on the nature of the surgery. i dont agree with surgery for vanities sake being paid for on the NHS but where it is something that is a disfigurement eg. burns, birth marks in difficult places, severe scarring that might lead to problems with either mental health or bullying then ok. But there has to be boundaries I dont think a Jordan esque blonde should be able to get surgery because she says she is being bullied for not having bigger tits. The NHS can only take on so much without service suffering for vital cases, such as cancer sufferers.
My friend is having surgery to remove a cyst on the back of her ear because it is unsightly and I have mixed feelings about it when she is scheduled for treatment (she is being operated on within 6 months of being referred) sooner than my dad who had to wait 2 years on the NHS to have an operation despite the fact that the pain was causing him constant pain and suffering. He had to wait because his case was non urgent. I think that people have their priorities wrong.
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ****)
So what? Just because they prefer to lick minge doesnt mean that they should be denied the right to have children. Grow up
i think with a name like that you need to do a little bit of growing up
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
For me it would depend on the nature of the surgery. i dont agree with surgery for vanities sake being paid for on the NHS but where it is something that is a disfigurement eg. burns, birth marks in difficult places, severe scarring that might lead to problems with either mental health or bullying then ok. But there has to be boundaries I dont think a Jordan esque blonde should be able to get surgery because she says she is being bullied for not having bigger tits. The NHS can only take on so much without service suffering for vital cases, such as cancer sufferers.
My friend is having surgery to remove a cyst on the back of her ear because it is unsightly and I have mixed feelings about it when she is scheduled for treatment (she is being operated on within 6 months of being referred) sooner than my dad who had to wait 2 years on the NHS to have an operation despite the fact that the pain was causing him constant pain and suffering. He had to wait because his case was non urgent. I think that people have their priorities wrong.
i agree. i understand the point about clearly 'corrective ' surgery, but this idea that everyone has the right to a perfect body is ludicrous. not only is the prioritising of the NHS arse-about-elbow but these people should dip into their own pockets if they are so pathetically obsessed about having their face done.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A child should not be brought into the world without a father.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
i agree. i understand the point about clearly 'corrective ' surgery, but this idea that everyone has the right to a perfect body is ludicrous. not only is the prioritising of the NHS arse-about-elbow but these people should dip into their own pockets if they are so pathetically obsessed about having their face done.
The NHS needs to sort themselves out fullstop. My dad had to wait two yers for treatment when the average wait time for that surgery is supposed to be no more than 6 months and it was only because he complained because of the time he had had to wait and also because he got hold of the waiting list statistics and found that he wasnt on them (the stats said noone had been waiting that long) that he got treated when he did. They ended up letting him have treatment at a private hospital because they cancelled his surgery at the last minute and then realised how long he had been waiting and that he was likely to complain some more, whch has to be a waste of money which could have been avoided.
If they cant cope with the basics how could they cope with giving everyone a right to IVF and cosmetic surgery?
If you want to change yourself that much then surely you would be willing to save up for it anyway.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The NHS needs to sort themselves out fullstop. My dad had to wait two yers for treatment when the average wait time for that surgery is supposed to be no more than 6 months and it was only because he complained because of the time he had had to wait and also because he got hold of the waiting list statistics and found that he wasnt on them (the stats said noone had been waiting that long) that he got treated when he did. They ended up letting him have treatment at a private hospital because they cancelled his surgery at the last minute and then realised how long he had been waiting and that he was likely to complain some more, whch has to be a waste of money which could have been avoided.
If they cant cope with the basics how could they cope with giving everyone a right to IVF and cosmetic surgery?
If you want to change yourself that much then surely you would be willing to save up for it anyway.
I think free cosmetic surgey should be allowed under exceptional circumstances e.g. serious burns but otherwise I agree.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
You cannot compare lesbianism to inter-species sex!!
yes you can, it is unnatural, yes. But so is being homosexual. Lesbians have a preferance for peoples of thier own sex. Maybe someone has a preferance to lizards or other species. Both acts of sexual nature (woman + lizard, woman + woman) end result of no procreation of offspring.
QED
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
yes you can, it is unnatural, yes. But so is being homosexual. Lesbians have a preferance for peoples of thier own sex. Maybe someone has a preferance to lizards or other species. Both acts of sexual nature (woman + lizard, woman + woman) end result of no procreation of offspring.
QED
Homosexuality was the accepted thing in the worlds first democracy. Your homosexual partner was considered your lover while your wife was there only to make children and run the house.

Oh how times have changed.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lets get the facts straight, OK. Being Homosexual is not natural. with me so far. But you cannot condem people for being that way and having a certain preferance. However, it is not OK, to breing children into this world, and making them homosexual.

A child brought up in a homosexual partnership of parents will inevitably be homosexual. Did the child want that to happen, was he/she given a choice, nope.

Saying that you want a child and going to great lenghts to get them does not justify anything. It is selfish of someone to think it is ok to have a child just because they want to.

Speaking of 'normal' families, usually, most of the time, a lot of time and thought is put into decided finally if they want a child or not. They have to think if they will be able to support him/her, financially and physically and mentally.

It has been shown that children who had a father figure at home, develop better social skills compared to children of single parent families.

It is natural for a family unit to consist of a father and mother and child. This brings things into balance. Once elements are taken out, things go wrong and might not reveal themselves as errors until later in life.

If you wanted to put everything equally, then men should be allowed to have a child, both types of homosexuals should be allowed to have a child, (maybe in the future, three parent families, (and inter species, LOL), single women should be able to have a child.

Oh yeah, by the way, i don't think that there is such a thing as a homosexual...........
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh yeah, by the way, i don't think that there is such a thing as a homosexual...........
Does the sun orbit around the earth? I heard that was a lie to.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
However, it is not OK, to breing children into this world, and making them homosexual.

A child brought up in a homosexual partnership of parents will inevitably be homosexual. Did the child want that to happen, was he/she given a choice, nope.
where do you getyour facts from to support that?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I shudder to think what it would be like being brought up by two camp bummer boys. Bleugh.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I shudder to think what it would be like being brought up by two camp bummer boys. Bleugh.
How is that any worse than a kid being brought up by lesbians?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How is that any worse than a kid being brought up by lesbians?
It isnt. I just got a picture of those two bummer boys off those DIY shagging and property BBC programs bringing me up. Now that is scary.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a child brought up in a homosexual family will be homosexual. 'Monkey see monkey do'.
Children learn from their parents, they learn how to speak for their mother, or whoever is with them most of the time.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (219)
68.01%
No (103)
31.99%

Watched Threads