This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
a child brought up in a homosexual family will be homosexual. 'Monkey see monkey do'.
Children learn from their parents, they learn how to speak for their mother, or whoever is with them most of the time.
er, no. im assuming that you can explain why straight parents having gay offspring, challenges ur theory?
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Does the sun orbit around the earth? I heard that was a lie to.
i said before that i don't think there is such a thing as a homosexual.

well here is an explanation.
see i think that homosexuality is a mental disorder, if you are truly homosexual you should be treated.

When you fall in love with someone (not lust) you fall in love for the person they are, their characteristics. in a "homosexuals" case they might fall in love with this person because they like their charcter, they disregard what sex the other person is they don't care. They love the person for who they are, now in my opinion this is not homosexualty, as i belive that if they found another person with the same qualities who was the opposite sex, if they truly liked the parter before they could get together with this person, because they would like the charcter.

Calling people homosexauls is a way of society to class things. People like to put other people in metaphoric boxes so that they can be easily targeted for media purposes and stuff. You know that things in this box have a common atribute.

You can sell 'grungy' music to grungy people kos you have manipulated the way they think and you know that nearly 100% of what you produce for this market will sell.

all in all, homosexualism is a term, people might have gone through phase where they like people from their own sex, and because of societies tendency to class people like that they get stuck in it, even though it was a phase.
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
er, no. im assuming that you can explain why straight parents having gay offspring, challenges ur theory?
because of environmental influences, however, thei default was 'normal' before they 'became not normal'. however, a child from a homosexual family will develop default for homosexualism and will most probably stay that way.
Vienna
Rep:
?
because of environmental influences, however, thei default was 'normal' before they 'became not normal'. however, a child from a homosexual family will develop default for homosexualism and will most probably stay that way.
please tell me your joking or ur ignorant before i get very angry.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a child brought up in a homosexual family will be homosexual. 'Monkey see monkey do'.
Children learn from their parents, they learn how to speak for their mother, or whoever is with them most of the time.
And the research which you can quote that proves that is where exactly?

Anyone can make statements and not back them up.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
actually, vienna has made some really good points in this. (i've said before shes good to debate)

im inclined to agree with most of what she says. i can only hope i put up a better fight than some of the othe rpeople who ahve replied on this thread... :rolleyes:
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by El_Borish)
actually, vienna has made some really good points in this. (i've said before shes good to debate)
hehe, you sound surprised!
giblets
Report 16 years ago
We have all seen the news, that people wanting IVF will be limited to one cycle.
Now big question, should we be paying for single mothers and Lesbians who want to have this simply from a lifestyle point of view?

Lesbians simply dont like the idea of of having a penis near them, and that patently that is not a medical problem.
Single mothers either can't get a man, or don't have time to, in which case are they really suitable to become parents, who will look after the child when the mother is at work, or will she be on benefits? Either way, there is a duty of care here that has to be considered along with the fact that there is nothing medically wrong with them.

The question here is really, IS THERE A MEDICAL NEED for IVF?
If not, they they should pay out of their own pocket. If they can't afford it, and there is nothing medically wrong, could they afford a child in the first place, they are very expensive, schools, books, clothes food....

It is like sex change operations, in a day and age when the health service is being stretched, should we pay for this? Sex should be determined by the chromosomes (with allowances for Turners,a nd Klinefelters syndromes etc), so people who are incorrectly assesed at birth can be corrected later. Not by if they have a surgically added breasts, penis, or what they 'feel' like at the time.
NHS funded plastic surgery should be allowed for people with dsfigurements, such as burns etc, (as pointed out before), though clearly what is considered a disfigurement is arguable, "is that a big nose or disfigurement?".
giblets
Report 16 years ago
We have all seen the news, that people wanting IVF will be limited to one cycle.
Now big question, should we be paying for single mothers and Lesbians who want to have this simply from a lifestyle point of view?

Lesbians simply dont like the idea of of having a penis near them, and that patently that is not a medical problem.
Single mothers either can't get a man, or don't have time to, in which case are they really suitable to become parents, who will look after the child when the mother is at work, or will she be on benefits? Either way, there is a duty of care here that has to be considered along with the fact that there is nothing medically wrong with them.

The question here is really, IS THERE A MEDICAL NEED for IVF?
If not, they they should pay out of their own pocket. If they can't afford it, and there is nothing medically wrong, could they afford a child in the first place, they are very expensive, schools, books, clothes food....

It is like sex change operations, in a day and age when the health service is being stretched, should we pay for this? Sex should be determined by the chromosomes (with allowances for Turners,a nd Klinefelters syndromes etc), so people who are incorrectly assesed at birth can be corrected later. Not by if they have a surgically added breasts, penis, or what they 'feel' like at the time.
NHS funded plastic surgery should be allowed for people with dsfigurements, such as burns etc, (as pointed out before), though clearly what is considered a disfigurement is arguable, "is that a big nose or disfigurement?".
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (152)
61.04%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.42%
No- I want it (69)
27.71%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads