LStudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Um is it me or is this paper harder than the norm:confused: (please check attachment)

Somehow I think if I have no problems with this paper then I can handle anything in c2...uh huh...can anyone please explain how to do number 2?
Attached files
misterb123
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
generally i dont think that this paper is too difficult. Yes, it is more difficult than the normal exam papers for edexcel however that is to be expected from solomon papers.

Question 2a)
Ok first of all it says that there are three equilateral triangles. Therefore the angles are all going to be 60 degrees, however you are working in radians so this would be pi/3 and it says that BC is 1 which subsequently means that every other triangle side would be l.

Now you should know that the length of an arc= feta*radius

which means that the length of the arc would be l*pi/3

Now there are two arcs so you multiply this by 2 and add three l to get

2*pi/3 + 3l = perimeter of ABCD

b) Ok you should know that the area of a sector when working in radians is 0.5 * r² * feta

and the area of a triangle is 0.5*ab sinC

Therefore you should be able to use this information to find the area of ABCD

ok there are 2 sectors=

2* (0.5 * r² * pi/3) =
1* r² * pi/3 = r² * pi/3

NOw add this to the area of the middle triangle:
0.5* l*l * Sin Pi/3= 0.5*l²*Sin Pi/3

Oh ye is 0.5

This gives us.....

0.5*0.5*l² = ¼l²

Now add this crap together.... lool

¼l² + l² * pi/3

Now factorise

arrgh crap ive gone wrong somewhere.... i hate doing maths on a netbook. :P

Ill come back to it laterr sorry haha

Btw im doin C2 retake on monday too so good luck!
marw89
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LStudent)
Um is it me or is this paper harder than the norm:confused: (please check attachment)

Somehow I think if I have no problems with this paper then I can handle anything in c2...uh huh...can anyone please explain how to do number 2?
where can i find the markscheme for this paper?
marw89
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LStudent)

where can i find the marksceme for this paper?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads