The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't really want to go to Birmingham.
Salla
Actually I like all my choices but I'm a bit doubtful about Aberdeen. It seems to be so far away from everything and make travelling home quite hard. I'd like to study in Scotland, but I prefer Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Aberdeen rules! Guess where I'm from :rolleyes:
I applied to 5 (York for two courses) and I would be really happy going to any of them. I find it hard to rank them in preference - York and Cambridge are my favourites, but after that I like them all the same, just for different reasons . My friend only wants to go to Manchester or Durham but applied to Leeds, B'ham and York too just in case.
Reply 23
hmm not really too keen on loughborough its my backup choice with lower grades
Reply 24
gezzar
which ones ?

i'm pretty comfortable with my choices... insomuch as they are all great uni's and pretty decent for the courses i'm applying for

obviously i have my preferences... but we'll see where the chips fall

Uhm, I don't know because I have been to zero, so I cannot be 100% sure about any of them, but I don't like the Roehampton and Kingston courses as much as the others. Yet, I'd love to be London but am at the same time afraid I might not be able to finance a living there. I don't think I would accept any offer right away. I'd look at them first and then base my decision on the feeling I have about them. But it's just that I am SO insecure about the whole thing altogether lol
Reply 25
When I applied...I even from the word go..was mainly thinking I would want to go to 3 of the uni's...then I had offers and visited some..and in the end there was only one place for me...and that is where I am :biggrin:
Reply 26
Believe it or not, I actually don't really want to go to Cambridge.
Reply 27
I woudl be happy at any of my 6 choices. I orginally didn't really want to go to Bristol but having heard some stuff about it, I know really want to go there. If anything, Cambridge is the one which is just there for the sake of it although it is my first choice and I think I would be very happy there
Reply 28
*soph*
Believe it or not, I actually don't really want to go to Cambridge.
Part of me doesn't either. I'm unlikely to get in as it is, and if I do, I can't really turn it down, but I know that I will enjoy UCL more than Cambridge. (and LSE for that matter).
Reply 29
I don't really want to go to London Metropolitan, but I needed 6 choices and it was in the area I need to live in and I would have a chance to get in with my grades.
I actually really like all of my choices.

I'm not very keen on the city of Birmingham but I absolutely love the course they offer.
I don't want to go to Warwick or Bath...simply because they are so far away from home
Reply 32
I don't particularly want to go to Durham - I just put it down because it's supposedly good for English.
Reply 33
I don't know anything about Edinburgh and Glasgow, only from their websites. I liked RVC really when I visited their open day.:biggrin: So I don't know yet what to do if I get any offers from Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Reply 34
of the 6, i only really want to go to 2.. the hardest 2 to get in as well.. so i'll be screwed.. i may even take a gap year? but then i again i want to go to uni asap..
I don't really want to go to Cardiff or Sussex. My top four choices are Cambridge, Durham, Warwick and York, so I'm really hoping I get in to one of those.
Reply 36
i dont mind anywhere....so long as i get in :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 37
i´ve no intention of going to durham or nottingham. i havent seen them, i´m just not enthused by them.
Reply 38
I really want to go to any of my choices. Obviously there are ones I'd prefer to get into, but I only put down places that I really liked.
I think a lot of people will have doubts about certain choices. The backup choices, so to speak.
Last year I applied at Middlesex and even flew in for the interview, even though I knew it was a terrible university and my very last choice. However, teaching courses are somewhat different. Anyway, I applied for it and didn't take it in the end. I even changed my firm choice after making a firm acceptence (luckily Roehampton had no problem releasing me)....

Nothing to worry about, get your offers and make a decision then. If you can, try and go to the open days. Flights are rather cheap to London and you could always get around on a coach.

Latest

Trending

Trending