Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im doin a2 aqa psychology and the title of coursework is

'investigation into wheather 1 gender is stereotyped as being more intelligent than the other'

however i cant think of an experiment to test this and i cant do a questionaire as its not classed as an experiment. any1 know how i cud experiment on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    im doin a2 aqa psychology and the title of coursework is

'investigation into wheather 1 gender is stereotyped as being more intelligent than the other'

however i cant think of an experiment to test this and i cant do a questionaire as its not classed as an experiment. any1 know how i cud experiment on this.
    It's a bit late for coursework with AQA now ain't it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid i can't help you on that! It's much easier to modify a study that's been already done, and you lose no marks at all. See if any studies have been done on that area, look at the method's and hopefully you should be able to formulate your own one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    It's a bit late for coursework with AQA now ain't it?
    I handed my cousrwork on the deadline for our school which was the ninth of jan but it appears some schools do their coursework later.

ReputationRep:
    Like before, just replicate a study which has already been carried out. Remember, not all studies are experimentally valid so if you do the same one and find different results, you could prove them wrong and you would have more things to write about. I just copied Brown-Peterson on STM and got enough marks to keep me happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    Like before, just replicate a study which has already been carried out. Remember, not all studies are experimentally valid so if you do the same one and find different results, you could prove them wrong and you would have more things to write about. I just copied Brown-Peterson on STM and got enough marks to keep me happy.
    thanx - there has been a small unpopular study done on my title but it involved using an iq test which i dont have the time to make

ReputationRep:
    as any1 been to an school and carried out gender role stereotyping on young children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    as any1 been to an school and carried out gender role stereotyping on young children?
    Don't carry your experiments on kids! We were advised not to have participatns who were under 16 -ethical guideline sheet proposes they are vulnerable...also examiners may be wary of your use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Don't carry your experiments on kids! We were advised not to have participatns who were under 16 -ethical guideline sheet proposes they are vulnerable...also examiners may be wary of your use
    ok now im really stuck :confused:

how cud i do an experiment on gender stereotyping intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    ok now im really stuck :confused:

how cud i do an experiment on gender stereotyping intelligence.
    I suppose you could use a classroom, have two conditions, with sixthform particpants, they all have to sit a test...and one room will have male participants, the other female particpants...they could be aged 16-18, selcected through a self selecting sample who signed an ehtical consent form you devised...i really don't know who you would do it...ok 'm confused as you are. Could you not replicate a well known study?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you could use a classroom, have two conditions, with sixthform particpants, they all have to sit a test...and one room will have male participants, the other female particpants...they could be aged 16-18, selcected through a self selecting sample who signed an ehtical consent form you devised...i really don't know who you would do it...ok 'm confused as you are. Could you not replicate a well known study?
    i think i will make a sheet out with points describing different jobs, and getting ppl to match up names boys and girls names to each job
    thing is i think at 18 some1 would click on that it was a a stereotype test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    i think i will make a sheet out with points describing different jobs, and getting ppl to match up names boys and girls names to each job
    thing is i think at 18 some1 would click on that it was a a stereotype test
    Your experiment will not be totally flawless...that gives you all the more reason to clock more marks in your discussion section hwere you talk about the limitations of your experiment

ReputationRep:
    Your experiment will not be totally flawless...that gives you all the more reason to clock more marks in your discussion section hwere you talk about the limitations of your experiment
    so u think its best to go wiv this one. its not been carried out before though i dont think but does it have to have been
    anyway thanx for all ya help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    so u think its best to go wiv this one. its not been carried out before though i dont think but does it have to have been
    anyway thanx for all ya help
    The thing is it's easier, better to actually modify a study that's been done, because you have more information, so much more to talk about, as well as being able to talk about related studies in your intro...do what you feel is best and good luck x

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.