FAO Anybody at Birmingham Watch

This discussion is closed.
Drunk1000
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
On the accomodation form there is nowhere to specify which particular building (e.g Tennis Court, Jarrat Hall) you want to stay in.

When they recieve the form do they reply asking you where etc, or do they just bung you in any building. Surely they can't do that?

(P.S I know theres at least one person on here from Birmingham).

Thanks.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They don't ask you which accomodation you want to go in, they just put you somewhere according to your preferences on the form. Get your form in early if you want to be in your first choice type of accomodation.
Drunk1000
Ok, thanks for replying.

So they could put you in the most expensive accomodation even if you would prefer a cheaper one?

Where are you staying and how is it?
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Drunk1000)
Ok, thanks for replying.

So they could put you in the most expensive accomodation even if you would prefer a cheaper one?

Where are you staying and how is it?
I'm assuming so, but there is a section on the form for other details or something.. so I guess you could say something in there.

I'm in Manor House, I like it.. need to get a bus to uni, but it's not bad. The food's alright too, JCR are friendly. I don't like my block though, cos there isn't really anyone on my corridor (though I do have a roommate). If I was in another block, it'd be a bit better.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Drunk1000)
On the accomodation form there is nowhere to specify which particular building (e.g Tennis Court, Jarrat Hall) you want to stay in.

When they recieve the form do they reply asking you where etc, or do they just bung you in any building. Surely they can't do that?

(P.S I know theres at least one person on here from Birmingham).

Thanks.
Yeah that worried me when i discovered it yesterday as well. So you're going for self-catering huh? Can you cook? I'm seriously the worst cook in existance, so i'm considering catered halls...although i've heard the food is bad, and the meal times can be awkward, is that true?

Drunk, what course do you have an offer for? Mine's for English.
Drunk1000
Definately going for self-catering. I want to have what I want when I want. However, I can't cook so that might be a problem. I really want o be close to the main campus. I'd hate to have to travel far each day.

I've got an offer for Economics. Still not sure if I'll get the grades (BBB), but it'll be close.
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
so i'm considering catered halls...although i've heard the food is bad, and the meal times can be awkward, is that true?
Dinner now starts at 5:30 and ends at 6:30 at Manor, which is usually a problem for me on Monday and Thursday, as I finish at 6 and have to make it back in time. Times were better last term, though I can't remember what they were, lol.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (150)
60.73%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.45%
No- I want it (69)
27.94%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads