The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Statistics - LSE/UCL/Oxford

Hey TSRville, I was wondering if you could help me

I'm currently applying around for a Masters programme. I've already had a response from Warwick (MSc Economics) for a 2.1.
I've also applied to Imperial (MSc Metals and Energy Finance), UCL (MSc Statistics), LSE (MSc Statistics) and Oxford (MSc in Applied Statistics).

I'm predicted a 1st (Hons) - BSc Economics at Essex -, with 69.0 in my 2nd year and 78.6 in my first year. My grades in econometrics/stats have been 82.0 and 90.0 in second and first year respectively.

I was wondering what realistic chances I have for the Stats programmes as listed above and what my likely offer would be for.
Reply 1

Why did it have to be my post that kept TSR silent :frown:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Maybe try the postgrad thread? Sorry I cant be more help :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by Official.One
Hey TSRville, I was wondering if you could help me

I'm currently applying around for a Masters programme. I've already had a response from Warwick (MSc Economics) for a 2.1.
I've also applied to Imperial (MSc Metals and Energy Finance), UCL (MSc Statistics), LSE (MSc Statistics) and Oxford (MSc in Applied Statistics).

I'm predicted a 1st (Hons) - BSc Economics at Essex -, with 69.0 in my 2nd year and 78.6 in my first year. My grades in econometrics/stats have been 82.0 and 90.0 in second and first year respectively.

I was wondering what realistic chances I have for the Stats programmes as listed above and what my likely offer would be for.

Hey! it may be an old tread but then let it be.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you are. BSc Econ, bored of supply/demand functions looking for something more quantitative.

Have you heard from any of them so far? I would be suprised if you were given an offer from Ox or LSE but UCL and Imperial are not out of your league I suppose.
A friend of mine doing pure econ got an offer from Uni of Amsterdam (Econometrics) so it's not impossible to change the industry so to speak. Hope that helps.
Hi, i was just wondering if you ended up getting any offers for msc stats, I'm in the same situation as you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending