This discussion is closed.
Sophie
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi can someone please tell me what a business objective is, and what objectives wud a business generally have?
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sophie)
Hi can someone please tell me what a business objective is, and what objectives wud a business generally have?
profit maxamisation.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To exploit oppurtunities and capture the market.
To provide jobs for employees
To make profit (as Corey said)
To provide a product or service to customers
To be a benefit to stakeholders.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To make a profit
To increase the customer base
To build a good public reputation
To increase market share
To become market leader

Theres loads, as long as theyre quantifiable theyre useful (mine arent but if you add i figures they should be). However if youre doing a feasibility study coursework like me the list of objectives is different.
LA$_VEGA$
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
An objective may begin as a mission statement, eg. "our aim is to provide quality service to customers etc", then it would name its objectives more specifically, "increase market share to 4% in the second year of operation"

hope that helps :s
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the ultimate objective is to maxamise profits, anything else they do is in order to achieve this. Common sense really (assuming a rational firm)
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well to start with their objective would be survival and recognition giving repeat trade.

Then, once the business is going they will be looking to maximise.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (150)
60.73%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.45%
No- I want it (69)
27.94%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads