Hills Road Watch

This discussion is closed.
DavidBrent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Is anyone out there from Hills Road XIth form collge, CAMBRIDGE???
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DavidBrent)
My old chemistry teacher mike tidball has just moved there
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine too
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Say hello from Oliver
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
Say hello from Oliver
Join friends reunited....
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Join friends reunited....
A girl from my biology class moved there early last year, after she begged to get in because she was rejected at first from there, and I say good ridance, the snob!
I heard Hills Road is just an exam factory and that they don't care about any of their pupils individual needs!
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Our college gets better chem results than there
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
A girl from my biology class moved there early last year, after she begged to get in because she was rejected at first from there, and I say good ridance, the snob!
I heard Hills Road is just an exam factory and that they don't care about any of their pupils individual needs!
By the way, arnt all colleges/schools exam factories these days
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hills Road is just down the road from me. Several of my friends went there. I considered appying, but really didn't see the point... it would have meant travelling further everyday, making new friends etc.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DavidBrent)
11th form?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
By the way, arnt all colleges/schools exam factories these days
No I mean in the way that they don't care about the personal acheivement of the pupil! All they care about is that they take on pupils and teach pupils that will give the grade average to remain in the top 10 colleges in the country; i.e. all their puils acheive 5 A's and apply to Oxbridge. Which is fair enough I suppose, but should that the only goal of an educational institution?

I mean isn't education about teaching to benefit others, not about acheiving ahigh grade point average?

Luv
scanner
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
No I mean in the way that they don't care about the personal acheivement of the pupil! All they care about is that they take on pupils and teach pupils that will give the grade average to remain in the top 10 colleges in the country; i.e. all their puils acheive 5 A's and apply to Oxbridge. Which is fair enough I suppose, but should that the only goal of an educational institution?

I mean isn't education about teaching to benefit others, not about acheiving ahigh grade point average?

Luv
Utter nonsense - not a shred of fact there. People want to go to Hills Road because students there get a very good deal. The staff spend a fantastic amount of time helping individuals to do as well as they can. The emphasis is on helping people get achieve what they want. Strange that a supposedly narrow exam factory for the able has such a wide range of extra curricular, sporting and artistic activities - way ahead of any other Cambridgeshire sixth form, state or independent.

I'd guess about 150 students apply to Oxbridge, that's out of 800 in a year group. Far more, I'd guess 400 or so would have a decent chance but there is no pressure to take that route.

Don't talk about things you don't know about.
SoulBrother
Report 14 years ago
lol @ u bumpin up a 4 month old thread lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1332)
79.67%
Leave (340)
20.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise