The Student Room Group

Geography coursework in desperate need of guidance

Hey guys, i'm doing a coursework thing for geography where we have to interpret graphs and pie charts, but i think our teacher gave us the wrong information (!) and that means that we've all done it wrong. I'm really stuck on my coursework and as it is 25% of the final mark i don't want it to drag down my gcse grade for geography. I don't know what to do, i tried asking the teacher for help, but he is very abrupt with me, and when i asked him to mark my introdution he only marked the first page. Plus, i asked him if my pie charts were right, he barely glanced and said yes, but then i found out later they were wrong :eek: he just doesn't seem to care what grades we get, and i'm becoming desperate as i don't know what to do.

Errrrm, yeah it is edexcel, and went to the brecon beacons to look at the afon caerfanell. We're studying the downstream changes, and interpreting river depth cross-sections and bedload pie charts, velocity scatter graphs and bedload roudness. We are also using a program called zingplot, though i'm not sure how to interpret that yet. I'm not very good with interpreting graphs, and i don't think my introduction is worth very many marks either, and the coursework has to be in by the end of the week. However, i also have science exams, one on thursday and the next two the week after, so i want to revise for them a lot otherwise i might be dropped from triple science. And i also have a welsh speaking coursework on tueday. argh!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Try going to a different geography teacher?
Reply 2
What do you mean wrong? I recently done my Geography coursework too so maybe I can help...
I got 43/50 for both bits of coursework, A* and A... So I'm sure I can help if you provide more details.
Reply 4
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
I got 43/50 for both bits of coursework, A* and A... So I'm sure I can help if you provide more details.

You ha to do two bits of coursework? What exam board is this?
Original post by rae_
You ha to do two bits of coursework? What exam board is this?

Think it was Edexcel... Avery hill, but there's a new exam structureI think last year it was just the two exams at the end, now it's all in modules...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending