Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm thinking of reapplying to Cambridge for English...got pooled then rejected this year.
    Does anyone have any statistics for how often people are successful when they reapply? Or have any suggestions as to where I could look for any?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there is a higher success rate on reapplications (I don't know where the precise stats are) but this is probably mainly because only really dedicated people who only just missed out on getting a place the first time round bother reapplying.

ReputationRep:
    sorry,would be interested in that myself, looked it up on google but nothing to be found...mmhh.
    I am sure, however, that most people reapplying get in. I have only heard of successful reapplication (although that is probably because no one who was rejected twice would like everybody to know...); and I wish you all the best. I think as a reapplicant you have a great advantage over the other candidates,as you know how the system works, and you kind of know what they want of you. I myself am a successful reapplicant (after being pooled and rejected), and I have never regretted it ;-) ...go for it!

ReputationRep:
    yepp, I did find something, unfortunately it's for Oxford...nobody's perfect:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/gazette/2003-4/supps/entry.pdf

check out the bottom of page 2, graph on the right. if the link doesn't work, go to google and type in "Oxford Application Statistics", choose the third link that comes up....hope it helps.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.