This discussion is closed.
deadstar
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey,
I'm thinking of reapplying to Cambridge for English...got pooled then rejected this year.
Does anyone have any statistics for how often people are successful when they reapply? Or have any suggestions as to where I could look for any?
Thanks
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I believe that there is a higher success rate on reapplications (I don't know where the precise stats are) but this is probably mainly because only really dedicated people who only just missed out on getting a place the first time round bother reapplying.
tomek J.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry,would be interested in that myself, looked it up on google but nothing to be found...mmhh.
I am sure, however, that most people reapplying get in. I have only heard of successful reapplication (although that is probably because no one who was rejected twice would like everybody to know...); and I wish you all the best. I think as a reapplicant you have a great advantage over the other candidates,as you know how the system works, and you kind of know what they want of you. I myself am a successful reapplicant (after being pooled and rejected), and I have never regretted it ;-) ...go for it!
tomek J.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yepp, I did find something, unfortunately it's for Oxford...nobody's perfect:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/gazette/2003-4/supps/entry.pdf

check out the bottom of page 2, graph on the right. if the link doesn't work, go to google and type in "Oxford Application Statistics", choose the third link that comes up....hope it helps.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.26%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
22.22%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (52)
19.26%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (56)
20.74%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.26%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.26%

Watched Threads