This discussion is closed.
Sasha D
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Has any1 else ever had that really terrible NERVOUS feeling when you realise you aren't quite as prepared 4 things as you'd wish???? I used to get it near the end of high school realising that there was alot 2 do adn that i wasn't really sure what 2 do with my life that was beginning?

I'm in my last yr of college and i still have this feeling......it's the feeling of dread....the big wide world.....high expectations from my parents and myself........

Doesn't any1 else have that feeling that you thought you were coping....that it wasN'T that hard...then you realise that's its tough and you haven't got a clue whwere to begin??????

OMG! sum1 help me!
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sasha D)
Has any1 else ever had that really terrible NERVOUS feeling when you realise you aren't quite as prepared 4 things as you'd wish???? I used to get it near the end of high school realising that there was alot 2 do adn that i wasn't really sure what 2 do with my life that was beginning?

I'm in my last yr of college and i still have this feeling......it's the feeling of dread....the big wide world.....high expectations from my parents and myself........

Doesn't any1 else have that feeling that you thought you were coping....that it was that hard...then you realise that's its tough and you haven't got a clue whwere to begin??????

OMG! sum1 help me!
I get a sinking feeling when I realise that I might not be able to get a project in on time. Especially for tommorow, and at 4 am in the morning working on the project. Not a good feeling to have.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Doesn't any1 else have that feeling that you thought you were coping....that it was that hard...then you realise that's its tough and you haven't got a clue whwere to begin??????

OMG! sum1 help me!
I've always had been lucky with my parents, they have pushed me but not the point where it would make me unhappy. I.e they never forced me to get A's or anything or even go to university. In fact my mum tried to put me off going to uni!!!

At college I did have a lot of stress and had to get a sick note which I never used, but it was a relief having in it just in case. I find my degree easier in the sense that although there is greater complixity the work load is much more spread out so as longs as you 6 hours a day all the time I can cope really easily without having loads of stress at once.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Doesn't any1 else have that feeling that you thought you were coping....that it wasN'T that hard...then you realise that's its tough and you haven't got a clue whwere to begin??????

OMG! sum1 help me!
I'm afraid I'm not much help, but I can definately sympathise.

I decided to do a maths degree because I thought it would give me lots of options because I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life. Now I'm due to graduate in June and I still don't know what I want to do, so I'm no better off. I'm still waiting for my calling in life, kinda hoping it'll just suddenly come to me and everything will become clear!
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i've had that feeling many times- before my Physics exams, and before my Cambridge interview. also when i reached the end of my GCSEs and A-Levels, I realised that nothing is really certain about life anymore after that - there is no 'fixed' school routine - you have to find the paths in life yourself, and kind of 'personalise your future' and the world around you - that's when I got scared, and started to ponder the meaning to it all........
my intelligence broke down about then as well
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I'm afraid I'm not much help, but I can definately sympathise.

I decided to do a maths degree because I thought it would give me lots of options because I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life. Now I'm due to graduate in June and I still don't know what I want to do, so I'm no better off. I'm still waiting for my calling in life, kinda hoping it'll just suddenly come to me and everything will become clear!
I know what you mean, it's like, you know the kind of things you LIKE but then there's the kind of (better paying) thing you're GOOD AT....i don't want an everyday, ordinary job, i want something new and exciting and its the kind of nervous feeling where you realise that there aren't enough new and exciting jobs to go around and once some1s thougyt of it, it's taken! no wot i mean???
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know what you mean, it's like, you know the kind of things you LIKE but then there's the kind of (better paying) thing you're GOOD AT....i don't want an everyday, ordinary job, i want something new and exciting and its the kind of nervous feeling where you realise that there aren't enough new and exciting jobs to go around and once some1s thougyt of it, it's taken! no wot i mean???
Definately, I'm studying maths, so the obvious route is into finance, which I don't think I really want to do, but its ridiculously well paid so I'm starting to consider it, mainly because I can't think of anything else to do, but I've missed most of the deadlines for this year, so now have to come up with something else to do for a year before I can apply for next year, so many choices, keep buying lottery tickets and hoping I'll win to solve all my problems!
mikesgt2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Has any1 else ever had that really terrible NERVOUS feeling when you realise you aren't quite as prepared 4 things as you'd wish????
I get really nervous even when I have done as much preparation as I could feasably do. For my P3 exam I had done every past paper there is and done well on every one of them; however, I felt really nervous. My mum and my maths teacher said I looked the most nervous they had ever seen me... The nervousness was not really in my control. The pressure of having to reach a conditional offer of AAAa is unavoidable.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads