The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My mummy paid it for me. Thats pretty cheap.
Reply 2
my daddy pays for mine so it's pretty cheap
i was told to try more than by someone but i haven't checked it out yet.
Reply 3
do you know how much you are paying for it!?
No sorry.
Reply 5
about £80 a year i was told.
Reply 6
I pay for own car insurance 3party fire and theft costing me £75 a month direct debit over 10 mths so that is £750
Reply 7
Naoimh
I pay for own car insurance 3party fire and theft costing me £75 a month direct debit over 10 mths so that is £750

that seems good...do you know the provider?
Reply 8
catryn
about £80 a year i was told.

reallly? that seems tooo good to be true :rolleyes:
Reply 9
that's what it costs to add me on the insurance as an occasional driver
Reply 10
I think im £90 to add on as an occasional learner driver

The insurer is "Budget"
My insurance is £600.76 a year, that includes the extra £40 or so for paying by direct debit. I'm currently insured under my mums policy with me listed as a second driver and the car insured for anyother driver. Its with CIS. Next year when I get my new car it will be changed into my name and the premium will go up to ~£760.
A little over £300 fully comp with a friend insured as a second driver.

*cuddles 6 yrs no claims*:biggrin:
Reply 13
PQ
A little over £300 fully comp with a friend insured as a second driver.

*cuddles 6 yrs no claims*:biggrin:
*pokes*
I don't even want to think about my car insurance.
Last year it was astronomical, and this year it half what it was, and its still £1400 :frown: stupid car! :mad:
Daveo
*pokes*
I don't even want to think about my car insurance.
Last year it was astronomical, and this year it half what it was, and its still £1400 :frown: stupid car! :mad:

Most I ever paid was £750...but then at that point my car was only worth £600...

You need a crappier car:biggrin:
I pay £662 Third Party only for my Mk3 Astra 1.4i. One years no claims and the named driver.
Reply 16
I just got a quote from te post officec .....£3000!!! And thats just 3rd party fire and theft!!!

Its very sexist this car insurance thing....i know these twins (one boy and one girl) who got insured on the same car both on thier 17th birthday ....she got quoted insurance of £750, he got quoted £1400
Yep, its because all young men are going to drive like theyre an F1 driver and go out and drive into oncoming traffic at 120mph as soon as they pass their test.
/sarcasm
fully comp on a 1996 1.4 fiat brava sx costs just under £1400 a year wiht me as the main driver fully comp and that is with a small local insurance group called safron insurance, although they accept pass pluss and will take 30% off my insurance with it, so i will get cheaper insurance still with that. jsut go out and shop arround, try your local insurance groups, some of the small ones offer really good deals.
£612.50 fully comp, 3 years no claims, group 1 car, includes 1 additional driver - me as main driver

That's with Virgin car insurance - they do interest free if you want to pay by installment (presumably subject to status) but I just paid the lot by credit card to get the cashback.

Latest

Trending

Trending