White Christmas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey guys I have an assessment centre at HSBC Global Asset Management (summer internship)

"During the assessment centre, you will undertake a number of exercises including: a numerical reasoning aptitude test, a motivational interview, business interviews and a business-related case study discussion."

There is very little information on their website, so I would be grateful if any of you could help...
How 'technical' will the interviews be, or is reading the FT etc enough (being up to date with what's happening)
Where canI find more information about the AC/internship/Asset Management at HSBC/HSBC

Thanks a lot!
White Christmas
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Someone on here must have some experience with HSBC Assessment Centres...
thor1000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by White Christmas)
Someone on here must have some experience with HSBC Assessment Centres...
anyone?
cassiejohnson
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by White Christmas)
Hey guys I have an assessment centre at HSBC Global Asset Management (summer internship)

"During the assessment centre, you will undertake a number of exercises including: a numerical reasoning aptitude test, a motivational interview, business interviews and a business-related case study discussion."

There is very little information on their website, so I would be grateful if any of you could help...
How 'technical' will the interviews be, or is reading the FT etc enough (being up to date with what's happening)
Where canI find more information about the AC/internship/Asset Management at HSBC/HSBC

Thanks a lot!
Have a look at SHL tests - google the term or go to your uni's careers office for practice tests.
Inflation
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dates?
Captain_Blobby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Numerical test - SHL standard.

Business interview - related to your views on developments within the dept you have applied for and possibly questions on the wider economy.

Motivational interview - examples of teamwork, leadership, etc etc

Presentation - 30 mins to analyse and prepare notes on a case study before you present to the interviewer. The key is articulate presentation and effective summary of facts into a coherent argument. Be prepared to defend your ideas.
cassiejohnson
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Captain_Blobby)
Numerical test - SHL standard.

Business interview - related to your views on developments within the dept you have applied for and possibly questions on the wider economy.

Motivational interview - examples of teamwork, leadership, etc etc

Presentation - 30 mins to analyse and prepare notes on a case study before you present to the interviewer. The key is articulate presentation and effective summary of facts into a coherent argument. Be prepared to defend your ideas.
Sounds tough! Good luck though ^.^
Chris.Davids89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi guys,

I hope everyone is progressing with applications.

Are there anymore SHL style tests available other than those on the website? If there are, where can I get hold of them? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks
shirleyyy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I hope you did well for the HSBC AC! And I would like to ask about the case study. What kind of case study did you have? (Like what sort of areas did they ask about) And did you have the role play section? My ac is coming and I really look forward hearing back from you soon! Thank you very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.59%
I'm not sure (40)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.27%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (446)
48.22%

Watched Threads