kateykat
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm really terrible at listening to instructions; I get bored really easily and just switch off! It's making college a bit difficult because I never know what the hell we're supposed to be doing. :laugh: Does anyone else have a short attention span?
Steeeeevo
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 16 years ago
yes very. But I can usualy overcome it by
supercat
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
Hohoho, you card.
Arty_girl
Report 16 years ago
lol. I try to keep eye contact and it helps me concentrate.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
I tend to start day dreaming in class but i always shake myself out off it when my teacher asks me a question. sit next to a mate, cos then you'll never make a fool out of yourself
stratomaster
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
Yeah! In chemistry practicals I never know what the hell i'm suppost to be doing.
quintsy
Badges: 17
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
Yeah! In chemistry practicals I never know what the hell i'm suppost to be doing.
Exactly the same! I'm not so confident in practicals, especially when the teacher starts to rush you.

Yesterday we did an experiment which made Sulphur Dioxide, and she told us in no uncertain terms that we were not to breathe it in.

I was trying to focus, because I don't want to die :P and we also had to heat a pyrex beaker in a bunsen burner (with the blue flame of course) with our bare hands, and I could not see the flame at all.

How hot do the blue bunsen burner flames get? Isn't it a thousand degrees? :eek:
yellowgunk2003
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
You wouldn't have stood a hell's chance in my chemistry teacher's lessons! :eek:
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
My attention span seems to be short as hell.
Mind tends to wander a lot, so takes a bit of dedicated effort to stay in the moment.
I always tend to switch between doing different things. I struggle to focus my attention to one thing, unless I have to.
Suppose it is both a strength and a weakness. I will probably end up being a jack of all trades, but a master of none. Ah well - not such a bad thing.
username1060297
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by quintsy)
Exactly the same! I'm not so confident in practicals, especially when the teacher starts to rush you.

Yesterday we did an experiment which made Sulphur Dioxide, and she told us in no uncertain terms that we were not to breathe it in.

I was trying to focus, because I don't want to die :P and we also had to heat a pyrex beaker in a bunsen burner (with the blue flame of course) with our bare hands, and I could not see the flame at all.

How hot do the blue bunsen burner flames get? Isn't it a thousand degrees? :eek:
(Original post by yellowgunk2003)
You wouldn't have stood a hell's chance in my chemistry teacher's lessons! :eek:
(Original post by hellodave5)
My attention span seems to be short as hell.
Mind tends to wander a lot, so takes a bit of dedicated effort to stay in the moment.
I always tend to switch between doing different things. I struggle to focus my attention to one thing, unless I have to.
Suppose it is both a strength and a weakness. I will probably end up being a jack of all trades, but a master of none. Ah well - not such a bad thing.
This thread is nearly 10 years old
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
This thread is nearly 10 years old
...Ooops!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (65)
12.45%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.72%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.86%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.24%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (252)
48.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.45%

Watched Threads