This discussion is closed.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
How would you teach a class of Year 11s? Would you pick people at random to answer questions or would you lecture them for an hour while everyone takes notes? How would you teach your class?
In order to ensure obedience, the first kid who acts out of line even slightly would be shouted at and excluded from the class - never to return. That way, the remaining pupils know who's in charge.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would talk for a couple of minutes and then ask a couple of questions for anyone to answer to check the understanding and so on. Why are you asking?
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the best teachers i had in teh lower school were ones where you could have a laugh and they treated you like human beings but there was a definate boundry and if that was crossed they could deal with it. Theworst ones were the ones that were too soft so that everyone walked over them or the ones that tried to be naxi dictators.

At a-level it was slightly differnet cos there wern't the same issues of controlling the class. For a-level my favorite teachers were the ones that inspired me and really went that extra way to help me get the grades i needed etc. Also i like the fact that you were treated like adults and in some cases were treated as equas and could have a good gossip, go out for cofee with them etc.
Also i started to become more critcal of teaching styles. There were some teachers that were lovely but were crap at teaching at a higer level. There was one that was particulalry evil to me but i could admit (through gritted teeth) that she was a good teacher even though i thought she deserved extermination lol. Also i look back and think that perhaps by being nasty she lit up something inside me that pushed me to work harder in order to prove her wrong.

If i was a teacher my aim would be to try and inpsire the kids. Cos i had my fav teacher all the way through school and she inspired me to do my subject at uni.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
32%
No (15)
60%
Don't know (2)
8%

Watched Threads