Going for Frenuloplasty operation in 48 hours

Watch
Thomson12334
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Been reading with loads of interest guys, I've had a small tear before the tip for a year now, I have no problems masterbating but can get really sore after sex! Tried steroid creams etc, nothing has Heald this small cut, doctor didn't think it was that bad, dreading going back!! What's my best options?
Anonymous #8
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys, I just had my frenuloplasty 5 days ago in Belgium and from what I've read here I'm glad I didn't have it done in the UK!

A local anasthetic was used, just one injection by the urologist. I could have looked but decided not to. if i understand correctly he used a very hot wire to cut away the frenulum which at the same time burned the wound shut. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. it hasn't healed completely yet but looks like a neat job(just a line cut where the frenulum used to be).

I was told I'd be allowed to use it 10 days after the op but i've been able to masturbate without retracting my foreskin since yesterday. I was given a cream(TERRA-CORTRIL) against infections which was put on directly after the op and was told to reapply it every evening. the first night i didn't wash for fear of disturbing the wound but i put some of the cream, the next few nights i rinsed it a little and reapplied the cream. I think by tomorrow night I'll be able to thoroughly wash the area.

In terms of bleeding i was told to keep the penis upright so i wore tight underwear and to apply pressure if it bled. he said it always stops bleeding. i had morning wood the first morning and it bled a little but after that i managed to control the beast until day 3 or 4 by which time it had healed enough.

In my case the frenulum was too short, i couldn't masturbate comfortably with my foreskin retracted even if i used lots of lubrication without it slightly tearing and sometimes it would be sore after sex and i'd have to not have sex for a few days while it healed. I read somewhere that the "tugging" that the frenulum does during sex is part of the stimulation for a man, but even after having my frenulum removed i still run out of slack on the bottom of my shaft first so i think i'm good there but you might want to ask if it's possible to have your frenulum lengthened instead of completely removed depending on your anatomy(I dont know if thats even medically possible).

So far I'm very glad I did this, and just incase you're considering a circomcision I want to tell you that in my opinion sex feels much better for a couple when the man is not circomcised because A the glans isn't always chafing against everything so it's more sensitive when it matters and B because theres the slack of the skin rolling up and down the shaft there's less friction and so more comfort.hope this helps some of you guys, good luck!
Lgndoc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys i thought i would aharemy exoerience in thia matter in the hope that it gives aome reassurance to you ! I had the operation last week. Toi me agea and ages to pluck up the courage to initially see my g.p. About this issue, purely due to embarrasement on my behalf. However, i had known gor a few years that my foreakin was too tightly attached to the head of my penis amd this put me off full sexual activity.

Aa a gay man in a way it was worse because i could see other lads and knew i definately had a problwm haha.

After seeing thw g.p i was referred to. Specialiast and the appointment took about 4 weeks. The consultant immediately idenrified the problem and the op was arranged for a further 4 weeks time (all on the nhs)

After discussing with the specialiat i decided on local anesetic and so had the operation whilst still awake. It took about 15 minute. The anesetic is injected into the penis and this ia a painful experience but only brief. I was more embarrassed about having people seeing my bits on the operting table haha.

Once over i hd a cup of tea and biscuit then 30 min later drove home. The hoapital gave me three typea of painkillers which i took for thw firat week.

I was really scared about going for a pee amd put it off for a few hours but when i did go there was no pain. Howevee there was blood and my willy looked a mess.

Within a week there ia no pain just alight discomfort if the stitches get cught. I can pull my foreakin back to behind the head of my penis without any pain nd it all looks a lot beter. Will wait a few weeks before having sex.

I am so glad i have had thia operation
Yes it was embarrasaing n a little painful at times but by getting over that i am now fixed for life ! Take care lads
happybunny85
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys, I just had my frenuloplasty 5 days ago in Belgium and from what I've read here I'm glad I didn't have it done in the UK!

A local anasthetic was used, just one injection by the urologist. I could have looked but decided not to. if i understand correctly he used a very hot wire to cut away the frenulum which at the same time burned the wound shut. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. it hasn't healed completely yet but looks like a neat job(just a line cut where the frenulum used to be).

I was told I'd be allowed to use it 10 days after the op but i've been able to masturbate without retracting my foreskin since yesterday. I was given a cream(TERRA-CORTRIL) against infections which was put on directly after the op and was told to reapply it every evening. the first night i didn't wash for fear of disturbing the wound but i put some of the cream, the next few nights i rinsed it a little and reapplied the cream. I think by tomorrow night I'll be able to thoroughly wash the area.

In terms of bleeding i was told to keep the penis upright so i wore tight underwear and to apply pressure if it bled. he said it always stops bleeding. i had morning wood the first morning and it bled a little but after that i managed to control the beast until day 3 or 4 by which time it had healed enough.

In my case the frenulum was too short, i couldn't masturbate comfortably with my foreskin retracted even if i used lots of lubrication without it slightly tearing and sometimes it would be sore after sex and i'd have to not have sex for a few days while it healed. I read somewhere that the
Anonymous #9
Report 3 years ago
Hey everyone!
First of all it's so great to read previous experiences as it boosted my confidence of doing this. I'm 22 and just had a frenuloplasty.

After months of thinking and hesitating I thought there's no need to prolong the inevitable. So I went and took care of my frenulum breve. At first I thought just like many have before me, to do it privately. I cannot express how glad I am that I chose to share this with the closest of my friends, family and especially my girlfriend. It is an amazing feeling being understood and supported.I knew I had this after some investigation and recently being in a relationship motivated me even more to do this (I was scared as hell even before knowing what it was about)Talked to a urologist, real nice guy, explained it and booked the operation.

When I stepped into the urology clinic, my blood froze and I felt that I couldn't move because of my paralyzing fear. I got my **** together and decided to approach this rationally as I need and most importantly WANT this for a healthy sexual life.The whole operation was a walk in the park. I chose local anesthethic because I saw no reason for a general one. It was extremely scary to even think about an injection in my private part but surprisingly it did not hurt, it was just like at the dentist, slight pain. Didn't feel the rest of the procedure and I was done in about 15 minutes. There was no pain and still isn't any about 8 hours after the operation. I feel like I'm carrying a vase, moving and sitting down, going to the toilet very carefully.

No erections yet but I am honestly a bit at unease when thinking about getting the first post operation erection, I had dissolvable stitches and not the glue. Honestly, I cannot describe how happy I am that I finally mustered enough courage to do this. I am looking forward for the first sex after the operation and again, for me the most important was the love and support of my girlfriend, family, and close friends. There is nothing to be ashamed about as you are born with this. Be proud you took care of it and showed courage to get it done. Looking back at how I felt /what I thought before the operation I laugh about how panicked I was. Wish you luck and steady recovery guys !
Anonymous #10
Report 3 years ago
What's the best way to clean it?

(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey everyone!
First of all it's so great to read previous experiences as it boosted my confidence of doing this. I'm 22 and just had a frenuloplasty.

After months of thinking and hesitating I thought there's no need to prolong the inevitable. So I went and took care of my frenulum breve. At first I thought just like many have before me, to do it privately. I cannot express how glad I am that I chose to share this with the closest of my friends, family and especially my girlfriend. It is an amazing feeling being understood and supported.I knew I had this after some investigation and recently being in a relationship motivated me even more to do this (I was scared as hell even before knowing what it was about)Talked to a urologist, real nice guy, explained it and booked the operation.

When I stepped into the urology clinic, my blood froze and I felt that I couldn't move because of my paralyzing fear. I got my **** together and decided to approach this rationally as I need and most importantly WANT this for a healthy sexual life.The whole operation was a walk in the park. I chose local anesthethic because I saw no reason for a general one. It was extremely scary to even think about an injection in my private part but surprisingly it did not hurt, it was just like at the dentist, slight pain. Didn't feel the rest of the procedure and I was done in about 15 minutes. There was no pain and still isn't any about 8 hours after the operation. I feel like I'm carrying a vase, moving and sitting down, going to the toilet very carefully.

No erections yet but I am honestly a bit at unease when thinking about getting the first post operation erection, I had dissolvable stitches and not the glue. Honestly, I cannot describe how happy I am that I finally mustered enough courage to do this. I am looking forward for the first sex after the operation and again, for me the most important was the love and support of my girlfriend, family, and close friends. There is nothing to be ashamed about as you are born with this. Be proud you took care of it and showed courage to get it done. Looking back at how I felt /what I thought before the operation I laugh about how panicked I was. Wish you luck and steady recovery guys !
Aaronrj01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I’m 16 and I’ve realised that I have a short frenulum because when I have an erection the foreskin isn’t able to fully retract, the furthest it will go back still covers half the glans/tip. I’m a virgin but I’m thinking this could be a problem during sex? Idk, basically I’m asking if I should get this procedure done?
Edinlad2018
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi allJust FYI for anyone looking to get this - I’ve just had this done today - couple of other guys in at same time getting this done - they were getting it done under general anaesthetic - I however opted for local because I didn’t wanna be groggy and feel awful for hours afterwards - plus it meant I could eat and drink so was quite smug in the ward eating my monster munch and coffee whilst everyone having it done under general was sat starving and thirsty The local injection was at the base of the penis where it meets my body - it stung lightly for all of 10 seconds and then a second injection just underneath again a light sting for 10 seconds - they let me sit for 5 mins whilst the local kicked in and after that I couldn’t feel a thing - the surgeon was done after 13 minutes and for all I know they were playing chess down there because I didn’t feel a thing....I then sat In the recovery room for 15 minutes then was given discharge forms and given instructions - obviously I’ve got to go through the whole process but in terms of the actual procedure it was a breeze!! Just wanted to let everyone know as reading this before getting it done made me nervous and it’s just an FYI that it’s probably scarier for me having root canal!! If possible and you can handle it ask for local because as I was leaving other guys were still out of it under general as I was walking out.
Anonymous #11
Report 2 years ago
Just got back from the hospital and everything went great.

I was taken into the operating theatre and then given some anaesthetic which made my vision blurry and then as far as I can remember I was knocked out :P I was in hospital from 8am to around 13:00, the operation took place around 9am but I didn't come round until 10:30am and they were saying that had to keep me in a for a few hours to make sure everything was all right. As of now there doesn't seem to be any pain, only mild discomfort as the urologist told me, the local anaesthetic started wearing off about an hour ago and since then, as I said there's been mild discomfort.

They give you lots of painkillers afterwards and advise you to take them 4 times a day for the first 3 days, they gave Paracetamol, Codeine and Tramadol. The nurse basically told me to use Paracetamol first and if that isn't enough, using Codeine with Paracetamol and if all else fails use Tramadol

So yeah, all in all, absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever and I feel foolish for worrying in the first place :P
After 1 year if you get any pain?
Yoted
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey Lads, recently had this surgery done and at this moment in time I am in my second week of recovery.Went to my local GP who recommended a private urologist as my GP being Muslim instantly wanted me to be fully circumcised, don't let your doctor bully you into getting a full circumcision, always get a second opinion in cases like this.I'm 18, and for years I thought it was just a tight foreskin and I could stretch it or would grow out of it but I didn't. I could never fully retract my foreskin when errect which lead to insecurities about myself especially when it came to getting a girlfriend as I knew I could never do anything sexual which more or less stopped me from having relationships.I just told my parents that I would like to go to a GP and would most likely need minor surgery, they got the hint when I had to go to the urologist and I did have problems when I was a child with my foreskin so they didn't ask me to go into detail.On the day of the surgery I was brought into the surgery room where I was greeted by the urologist and three nurses, I was told what the surgery was and was handed a robe thing and was told to put it on and strip in front of everyone, bit awkward but I didn't care since they would be seeing everything anyways. I had my surgery done with local anesthetic, which isn't like the normal
Anonymous #12
Report 2 years ago
Hey Lads, recently had this surgery done and at this moment in time I am in my second week of recovery.

Went to my local GP who recommended a private urologist as my GP being Muslim instantly wanted me to be fully circumcised, don't let your doctor bully you into getting a full circumcision, always get a second opinion in cases like this.

I'm 18, and for years I thought it was just a tight foreskin and I could stretch it or would grow out of it but I didn't. I could never fully retract my foreskin when errect which lead to insecurities about myself especially when it came to getting a girlfriend as I knew I could never do anything sexual which more or less stopped me from having relationships.

I just told my parents that I would like to go to a GP and would most likely need minor surgery, they got the hint when I had to go to the urologist and I did have problems when I was a child with my foreskin so they didn't ask me to go into detail.

On the day of the surgery I was brought into the surgery room where I was greeted by the urologist and three nurses, I was told what the surgery was and was handed a robe thing and was told to put it on and strip in front of everyone, bit awkward but I didn't care since they would be seeing everything anyways. I had my surgery done with local anesthetic, which isn't like the normal "pinch" you expect as it was injected into the area of the frenulum, which hurt, probably because I didn't expect it to the way it did so if you are getting it done this way just brace yourself for it to hurt more than you expect and you will be fine.
It took around 15 to 20 mins for mine to be done which feels a lot longer than it is, my experience of the surgery was weird to say the least as about 10mins in the nurse said we're basically done but it went on for another 5 mins with cutting and scissors? What freaked me out was as it went on and the surgeon was doing the stitches I started to feel the pain of him doing the stitches which I mentioned to a nurse cause that ****ing hurt to say the least.
The nurses tried to keep me distracted or whatever asking about life and **** then suddenly asked if I "have any metal" in my body which I replied no to and then the nurse put some patch on my leg which I have no clue what it did.
My surgery seem to take longer as there was more blood than usual? IDK really what took so long towards the end as I could feel the blood on my hips and the surgeon was applying pressure, the nurses seemed flustered getting whatever the surgeon was asking for which made me more nervous as I could tell something was off in their voices when trying to distract me which freaked me the **** out just lying there on the table.

The first few days were sore with some oozing/bleeding, I was told to shower and take the bandaging off a day after which I tried to do in the shower, fun fact I couldn't since the final piece of gauze had gotten caught in the stitches, I just applied my own gauze until the stitches worked their way out on their own accord.

I wasn't told anything about 4 weeks for recovery just not to do any sports for a week, glad fourms like this exist.
The first night or two sucked for me as I got erections which felt like I was getting multiple injections into the same area again but got much less painful as I healed more. Just a tip for if it happens to anyone in similar recovery, don't allow your erection to pump more blood into it and focus on something else like tensing your forearm or bicep. I ended up not following my own advice and basically squirted out a surprising amount of blood a week after the surgery.

Also wear really lose fitting boxers and trousers.

Overall this surgery made it into the top 10 worst experiences of my life so far, but it is necessary and worth it. 2.5 stars out of 5, wouldn't recommend going twice.
Yotkins
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have any of you had redness on the head of the penis after the surgery. I had it done 3 days ago. The doc told me not to shower just to clean it with some stuff for 6 days and then carefully shower. But i have noticed that the foreskin is like glued to the head of the penis i can still pull it back tho and there is some redness on the lower part of the head.
Yotkins
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yotkins)
Have any of you had redness on the head of the penis after the surgery. I had it done 3 days ago. The doc told me not to shower just to clean it with some stuff for 6 days and then carefully shower. But i have noticed that the foreskin is like glued to the head of the penis i can still pull it back tho and there is some redness on the lower part of the head.
a little update its the night of day 7 and 2 of the stitches fell off and the redness dissaspeared i just dont know why the doc told me not to shower for around 10 days
Ukbmonday
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi could you pull ur FS back b4 the op? I could but has always been tight and the skin at the back tore the othe day now I’m thinking do I need this done?
Anonymous Vi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey Lads, recently had this surgery done and at this moment in time I am in my second week of recovery.

Went to my local GP who recommended a private urologist as my GP being Muslim instantly wanted me to be fully circumcised, don't let your doctor bully you into getting a full circumcision, always get a second opinion in cases like this.

I'm 18, and for years I thought it was just a tight foreskin and I could stretch it or would grow out of it but I didn't. I could never fully retract my foreskin when errect which lead to insecurities about myself especially when it came to getting a girlfriend as I knew I could never do anything sexual which more or less stopped me from having relationships.

I just told my parents that I would like to go to a GP and would most likely need minor surgery, they got the hint when I had to go to the urologist and I did have problems when I was a child with my foreskin so they didn't ask me to go into detail.

On the day of the surgery I was brought into the surgery room where I was greeted by the urologist and three nurses, I was told what the surgery was and was handed a robe thing and was told to put it on and strip in front of everyone, bit awkward but I didn't care since they would be seeing everything anyways. I had my surgery done with local anesthetic, which isn't like the normal "pinch" you expect as it was injected into the area of the frenulum, which hurt, probably because I didn't expect it to the way it did so if you are getting it done this way just brace yourself for it to hurt more than you expect and you will be fine.
It took around 15 to 20 mins for mine to be done which feels a lot longer than it is, my experience of the surgery was weird to say the least as about 10mins in the nurse said we're basically done but it went on for another 5 mins with cutting and scissors? What freaked me out was as it went on and the surgeon was doing the stitches I started to feel the pain of him doing the stitches which I mentioned to a nurse cause that ****ing hurt to say the least.
The nurses tried to keep me distracted or whatever asking about life and **** then suddenly asked if I "have any metal" in my body which I replied no to and then the nurse put some patch on my leg which I have no clue what it did.
My surgery seem to take longer as there was more blood than usual? IDK really what took so long towards the end as I could feel the blood on my hips and the surgeon was applying pressure, the nurses seemed flustered getting whatever the surgeon was asking for which made me more nervous as I could tell something was off in their voices when trying to distract me which freaked me the **** out just lying there on the table.

The first few days were sore with some oozing/bleeding, I was told to shower and take the bandaging off a day after which I tried to do in the shower, fun fact I couldn't since the final piece of gauze had gotten caught in the stitches, I just applied my own gauze until the stitches worked their way out on their own accord.

I wasn't told anything about 4 weeks for recovery just not to do any sports for a week, glad fourms like this exist.
The first night or two sucked for me as I got erections which felt like I was getting multiple injections into the same area again but got much less painful as I healed more. Just a tip for if it happens to anyone in similar recovery, don't allow your erection to pump more blood into it and focus on something else like tensing your forearm or bicep. I ended up not following my own advice and basically squirted out a surprising amount of blood a week after the surgery.

Also wear really lose fitting boxers and trousers.

Overall this surgery made it into the top 10 worst experiences of my life so far, but it is necessary and worth it. 2.5 stars out of 5, wouldn't recommend going twice.
After two years how you feel about the surgery?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (547)
50.93%
No (527)
49.07%

Watched Threads