Has anyone used Slendertone and does it work?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by commandant)
Subbed

You gonna be running SS?

Good luck
I'm sorry, what?
JohnC2211
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
You cannot spot reduce fat.

While using a slendertone MAY give your abs a workout, you will not be able to see them if you have a layer of fat covering them.

Slender tone WILL NOT reduce body fat, only tone your muscles.

So like you said, you have a bit of a belly. You will most likely not notice much difference.
username369234
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
I'm sorry, what?
I'm sorry I was just being a bit of a **** because you posted this in the wrong section, I thought it was a fitness blog
username369234
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by JohnC2211)

quick, run!!!
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Not if you're fat.
int92
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
You cannot spot reduce fat.

While using a slendertone MAY give your abs a workout, you will not be able to see them if you have a layer of fat covering them.

So like you said, you have a bit of a belly. You will most likely not notice much difference.
it wont tone ur muscles
Deutsch_Beth
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
My friend had one, but she used it while doing a huge amount of excercise...she lost the belly fat but noticed no difference to her abs underneath.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
go for a ****ing run you lazy ****
int92
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Yes, it will. It just wont do it very well, and if you have fat covering your muscle you wont be able to see it.
no it wont ****ing tone ur muscles u ****ing ******! u cant 'tone' a muscle, ffs STFU and GTFO.

and thats why ur fat
JohnC2211
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Yes, it will. It just wont do it very well, and if you have fat covering your muscle you wont be able to see it.

To those who negged this post, but then didn't quote to say why (pussys).

http://ezinearticles.com/?Slenderton...ck?&id=2399990

"The first, of course, is your diet. No one, and I mean NO ONE, is going to see their abs if they have excess fat covering them up, no matter how big and strong they are."

"By sending electrical impulses to your muscles, they are forced to contract. By altering the intensity of the electrical pulse, you are able to control the force of the muscle contractions."

"By sending electrical impulses to your muscles, they are forced to contract. By altering the intensity of the electrical pulse, you are able to control the force of the muscle contractions."

Posts proven. Now gtfo.
JohnC2211
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by int92)
no it wont ****ing tone ur muscles u ****ing ******! u cant 'tone' a muscle, ffs STFU and GTFO.

and thats why ur fat

And ****ing swearing and calling people a ****ing ****** doesn't make you look intelligent. Have you seen me in real life? No. So you can't say I'm fat.

The apparatus works by sending electrical impulses to your muscles which force them to contract. When working out, YOUR BRAIN DOES THE SAME THING! It sends electrochemical signals to your muscles and forces the muscle to contract. Biology 101.

The apparatus WILL NOT make you lose weight, that I've already said. Because a) if you have fat around your abs, you wont see them, and b) you can't spot reduce fat, so even if the apparatus DID have some (minor) fat loss abilities, there would be no guarantee that it would come off your stomach.

And that's why you're stupid.
Megaloblastic
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
And ****ing swearing and calling people a ****ing ****** doesn't make you look intelligent. Have you seen me in real life? No. So you can't say I'm fat.

The apparatus works by sending electrical impulses to your muscles which force them to contract. When working out, YOUR BRAIN DOES THE SAME THING! It sends electrochemical signals to your muscles and forces the muscle to contract. Biology 101.

The apparatus WILL NOT make you lose weight, that I've already said. Because a) if you have fat around your abs, you wont see them, and b) you can't spot reduce fat, so even if the apparatus DID have some (minor) fat loss abilities, there would be no guarantee that it would come off your stomach.

Slendertone is a ****ing scam. People don't like to do hard work and will look for an easy way out. They don't like doing hard work.
JohnC2211
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Megaloblastic)
Slendertone is a ****ing scam. People don't like to do hard work and will look for an easy way out. They don't like doing hard work.

And that's why I've said that it doesn't help you lose weight! I'm not endorsing this product.
int92
Rep:
Report 11 years ago

i was making the judgement of u being a ****** based on what u said about slendertone.

so every time i contract a muscle it will magically grow?? i dont think so. stop arguing cos u obviously dont have a clue.
and ive seen uve backed off with ur toning theory.
and it has NO fat loss abilities.

and btw stop quotong the **** u see on an infomercial. (psssst....its not true)
JohnC2211
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by int92)
i was making the judgement of u being a ****** based on what u said about slendertone.

so every time i contract a muscle it will magically grow?? i dont think so. stop arguing cos u obviously dont have a clue.
and ive seen uve backed off with ur toning theory.
and it has NO fat loss abilities.

and btw stop quotong the **** u see on an infomercial. (psssst....its not true)

Did I say that it will magically grow? NO! I didn't. Learn to read you absolute idiot.

I said from the get go that it wont make you lose weight. Wearing a slendertone is the equivalent to doing sit ups every day when you have a belly. Doing lots of ab exercises will tone up your abs, but if you have a belly covering them you wont see them. If you had read the article I posted you would see that this is what it basically says.
int92
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Did I say that it will magically grow? NO! I didn't. Learn to read you absolute idiot.

I said from the get go that it wont make you lose weight. Wearing a slendertone is the equivalent to doing sit ups every day when you have a belly. Doing lots of ab exercises will tone up your abs, but if you have a belly covering them you wont see them. If you had read the article I posted you would see that this is what it basically says.
u cant ****ing tone a muscle!!!!!!!!

for it to have any effect the muscle will have to grow, which it wont cos theres no proper stimulation.
JohnC2211
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by int92)
u cant ****ing tone a muscle!!!!!!!!

for it to have any effect the muscle will have to grow, which it wont cos theres no proper stimulation.

Electrical stimulation (in a similar medium to what these sorts of products claim to do) is used by doctors to repair atrophied muscles.
Megaloblastic
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I pretty sure his abs aren't atrophied tho.

Toning is just having low body so muscle definition is increased.

For a muscle to grow, you need resistance, which electrical stimulation doesn't provide.
int92
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Electrical stimulation (in a similar medium to what these sorts of products claim to do) is used by doctors to repair atrophied muscles.
so yea, u were wrong. u cant tone a muscle, slendertone WONT tone or build any muscle.

end of.

and wt he said ^
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (60)
16.26%
The paper was reasonable (180)
48.78%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
24.93%
It was TERRIBLE (37)
10.03%

Watched Threads