The Student Room Group

The Oxford UNIQ Summer Schools Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by lukas1051
On the facebook group, one of the people in charge said that the emails will be sent out once everyone has received their letters, and I don't think everyone has yet because of band holidays and all that.

I'm one of them!
Original post by foreverland
I'm glad I'm not the only one! What are you doing?

Also I keep thinking they let me in cos they felt sorry for me/they think I'm poor/i used big words on my personal statement :afraid:

They don't have so many places available that they can give them away on that basis! Don't worry, you've just got Oxford perceived inadequacy syndrome, which is very common but should improve quickly once you actually get there - don't doubt that you deserve to be there :smile:
Original post by foreverland
I'm glad I'm not the only one! What are you doing?

Also I keep thinking they let me in cos they felt sorry for me/they think I'm poor/i used big words on my personal statement :afraid:

Classics :awesome:
Reply 1583
I don't want to sound cocky but I think I didn't get in as I live in an extremely prosporous part of the country, and go to a very good state school. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Original post by J.tytler
:pierre:

Spoiler

Je comprends :console:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Gabby234
I don't want to sound cocky but I think I didn't get in as I live in an extremely prosporous part of the country, and go to a very good state school. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Jesus Christ, it doesn't take a genius to determine that.
Original post by medbh4805
Je comprends :console:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1587
Original post by tehforum
Jesus Christ, it doesn't take a genius to determine that.

Hahaha, I'll take that as a yes then. :smile: So I guess that where you live/what your parents do etc ranks preeetty highly on their agenda for who they accept.

Spoiler

Allemand :hmmm:

J'adore l'allemand :sexface: mais je n'ai jamais eu le debouche de l'etudier :sad:
Allemand :hmmm:

J'adore l'allemand :sexface: mais je n'ai jamais eu le debouche de l'etudier :sad:

Désolé... mais je crois que ca son comme on a quelque chose coincé dans la gorge :redface:

... mais en revance c'est la meilleure langue pour exprimer sa colere
Reply 1590
Pretty easy tbh... some of the gramar's still abit :confused: but all the topics are easy enough to ramble on about.... you?

On peut bavarder en francais si tu prefere... je pense qu'on devra parler en francais pendent UNIQ.

Je ne veux pas interrompre, mais est-ce que je peux participer à cette discussion? Tous les Francophones d'A-level doivent joindre pour survivre!
Désolé... mais je crois que ca son comme on a quelque chose coincé dans la gorge :redface:

... mais en revance c'est la meilleure langue pour exprimer sa colere

Malheuresement on a toujours le meme image des allemands, meme si ce particulier "allemand" est autriche... :sad:

tu a deja ecoute le Gaelique irlandais? souvent je trouve que je parle comme j'ai quelque chose dans ma gorge....
Original post by iyley
Je ne veux pas interrompre, mais est-ce que je peux participer à cette discussion? Tous les Francophones d'A-level doivent joindre pour survivre!

Bien sur :colone:

vive les francophones

I'm not even doing french at this summer school :teehee:
Reply 1593
Bien sur :colone:

vive les francophones

I'm not even doing french at this summer school :teehee:

J'ai peur de ca visage - :colone: !!!

Moi non plus!! :teehee:
Original post by iyley
J'ai peur de ca visage - :colone: !!!

Moi non plus!! :teehee:

C'est la raison pour lesquelle je l'utilise :colone:

cette visage est ma preferee :sexface:
Malheuresement on a toujours le meme image des allemands, meme si ce particulier "allemand" est autriche... :sad:

tu a deja ecoute le Gaelique irlandais? souvent je trouve que je parle comme j'ai quelque chose dans ma gorge....

C'est pas seulement a cause de lui... j'sais pas... je ne peux pas imaginer une chanson ni un poeme d'amour en allemand qui soit belle. Mais peut-etre que t'as raison... il a ruiné la reputation de l'allemand chez les anglais. :rolleyes:

J'aime beaucoup le Gaelique... ca son mystériex.

Je pense que je trouve l'allemend moche car il na pas un bon rhythm...mais le francais... c'est comme la musique :redface:

Original post by iyley

Bien sur :smile: Plus on est de fous, plus on rit

Spoiler

Mais j'aimerais bavarder avec quelq'un qui va faire la francais quand meme :tongue: .... mais bon... tant pis s'ils on peur de parler :rolleyes:
C'est pas seulement a cause de lui... j'sais pas... je ne peux pas imaginer une chanson ni un poeme d'amour en allemand qui soit belle. Mais peut-etre que t'as raison... il a ruiné la reputation de l'allemand chez les anglais. :rolleyes:

J'aime beaucoup le Gaelique... ca son mystériex.

Je pense que je trouve l'allemend moche car il na pas un bon rhythm...mais le francais... c'est comme la musique :redface:

:no: je trouve l'allemand tres musicale
cette chanson me fait etre heureuse toujours

Spoiler

Le gaelique n'est pas mysterieux pour moi, peut etre parce que je le parle il a perdu son magique...:s-smilie:
Reply 1597
French? :afraid:
:getmecoat:
Original post by LEJ

Was just wondering whether anybody had attended
one of the week long courses with UNIQ & what they thought? I was thinking of applying for French, and the opening deadline is coming up
pretty soon, so I just had a few questions like what is the
app. process like, and is the personal statement they ask for
like a 'real' personal statement? Thanks (: xx

I went last year and did Law. I loved it and met some of the most wonderful people I have ever met...I didn't want the week to be over! The personal statement does have to be like a real one, but it is much shorter. I'd say apply and see if you get in, as it will be an amazing experience! If you don't, don't worry, it's not a make or break thing. Plus, one more thing about the personal statement, make it real, make it you, make them believe your passion for the subject! Many of my friends applied and only two of them got accepted and they were the ones that did not give their personal statements to the organising teacher to check and correct!!! Just remember, they look for you, not your teacher :smile:

Good Luck!
:no: je trouve l'allemand tres musicale
cette chanson me fait etre heureuse toujours

Spoiler

Un joli chanson...mais je n'aime toujours pas la langue dont elle est chanté :tongue:

Le gaelique n'est pas mysterieux pour moi, peut etre parce que je le parle il a perdu son magique...:s-smilie:

Perdu son magique.... donc est-ce que tu l'a appris?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending