The Student Room Group
U sure u are from 'Central UK' - not a term we use round these parts. Anyway this is too heavy a subject for the morning
Reply 2
Kurdt Morello
U sure u are from 'Central UK' - not a term we use round these parts. Anyway this is too heavy a subject for the morning

i'm from the midlands
hotnanoo
i'm from the midlands

u got a vested interest in starting this thread - or are u an objective observer?
Reply 4
hotnanoo
Before we get the usual i'd like to say that this is not a thread to harrass ( i know i spelt it wrong) anybody, israeli or palestinian but i consider my self and optimist and would like to know wheter other people have the same feelings as i do when it comes to resolving the situation in the middle east.
Please post what you think will happen and the reason why

I don't know what will happen but I think that for any progress to be made Israel has to make concessions. They don't appear to realise that the fact that they are occupying lands and building walls to 'fence in' the palistinians may be the reason behind the suicide bombings. How would you feel if somebody came and knocked down your house? They cannot just say, we will not budge until suicide bombings have stoped. They also have a role to play.

But also, I think that people don't realise how much Israel has done to palistine, it doesn't all get reported. Just because Israel use helicopter gunships and conventional methods in contrast to 'traditional terrorist methods' like suicide bombings is really an irrelivence.

But, at the end of the day, they whole thing is a shambalse (sp?) and dwelling on the past will never lead to resolution.

P.S. You wern't listening to the five live debate were you?
Reply 5
Israel has made a viable 2 state solution impossible, through land grabs, settlements, the destruction of the Palestinian economy.

The solution now is a secular one state solution that gives equal rights to all.
Reply 6
mikesgt2
I don't know what will happen but I think that for any progress to be made Israel has to make concessions. They don't appear to realise that the fact that they are occupying lands and building walls to 'fence in' the palistinians may be the reason behind the suicide bombings. How would you feel if somebody came and knocked down your house? They cannot just say, we will not budge until suicide bombings have stoped. They also have a role to play.

But also, I think that people don't realise how much Israel has done to palistine, it doesn't all get reported. Just because Israel use helicopter gunships and conventional methods in contrast to 'traditional terrorist methods' like suicide bombings is really an irrelivence.

But, at the end of the day, they whole thing is a shambalse (sp?) and dwelling on the past will never lead to resolution.

Yes I agree with your views but what I find very annoying is that some people brand suicide bombers as Islamic terrorists. (Which is paradoxical anyway as Islam does not condone sucide). Yes there is an incidental connection (like Hamas) but people who assert this claim ignore the conditions in which palistinians live which is far more relavent. People don't just want to die believe or not. Their lives are made very hellish, in prison atleast you have food, water, clothing, shelter and no threat of being maimed by an f16. Suicide bombers are these because of the "state" which sponsers terrorism.
Reply 7
mikesgt2
I don't know what will happen but I think that for any progress to be made Israel has to make concessions.

The word "concessions" used by the israelis is very tragic. They buldoze Palistianian homes and then establish a settlement over time. Some "concession" to the growing homeless Palistianians.
It will be resolved. Conflict can only last so long before it just wears away.
But i don't see how though, to be honest
Reply 9
mikesgt2

i did watch the a debate over christmas about a palestinian and palestinian university lecturers who have got a plan if you will to resolve the situation
Reply 10
Mariam Safe
Yes I agree with your views but what I find very annoying is that some people brand suicide bombers as Islamic terrorists. (Which is paradoxical anyway as Islam does not condone sucide). Yes there is an incidental connection (like Hamas) but people who assert this claim ignore the conditions in which palistinians live which is far more relavent. People don't just want to die believe or not. Their lives are made very hellish, in prison atleast you have food, water, clothing, shelter and no threat of being maimed by an f16. Suicide bombers are these because of the "state" which sponsers terrorism.

I agree with this people see the suicide bomber and the devestation but never seem to realise, why would some one do this ??? the most simple of questions with the most awkward of answers

Latest

Trending

Trending