Turn on thread page Beta

Applied for media studies - whats it like? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malledo)
    Jus wondering what the media studies courses were like as I have applied to do either media studies on its own or media studies with leisure management.
    Alot of prospective employers would / will see this as a lesser qualification than if you had gone to do something more mainstream.

You have to ask yourself what you want to do after you have finished your degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peapod)
    It'd make more sense if it was man met, tey're right next door to each other and have similar courses.
    UMIST is next to Manchester university. Both these universities have much greater respect than Manchester Met. Manchester met is an ex poloy. Not than I am saying the Met is no good, but it will always be in the shadow of Manchester and UMIST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Alot of prospective employers would / will see this as a lesser qualification than if you had gone to do something more mainstream.

You have to ask yourself what you want to do after you have finished your degree.
    Yes thats why I said make sure you do a ton of work exp. Its a sad reality that employers dont know how much work a degree involves and media studies doesnt sound as good as something like economics. The other option is to do a main stream degree and a media or journalism postgrad.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.