The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
malledo
Jus wondering what the media studies courses were like as I have applied to do either media studies on its own or media studies with leisure management.

Alot of prospective employers would / will see this as a lesser qualification than if you had gone to do something more mainstream.

You have to ask yourself what you want to do after you have finished your degree.
Reply 21
Peapod
It'd make more sense if it was man met, tey're right next door to each other and have similar courses.

UMIST is next to Manchester university. Both these universities have much greater respect than Manchester Met. Manchester met is an ex poloy. Not than I am saying the Met is no good, but it will always be in the shadow of Manchester and UMIST.
Reply 22
Mark_KK
Alot of prospective employers would / will see this as a lesser qualification than if you had gone to do something more mainstream.

You have to ask yourself what you want to do after you have finished your degree.

Yes thats why I said make sure you do a ton of work exp. Its a sad reality that employers dont know how much work a degree involves and media studies doesnt sound as good as something like economics. The other option is to do a main stream degree and a media or journalism postgrad.

Latest

Trending

Trending