?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Join me in a mid morning discussion
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Come on we'll discuss everything from politics to what biscuits you like to dip into your tea in the mornings - i used to love Hobnobs myself - before i became a fruitarian ---- DISCUSS!!!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Any particular topic preference?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Any particular topic preference?
well what would u like to discuss - did u hear about what that Lib Dem MP said yesterday - what did u think of it?
cherrydrops1985
Report 16 years ago
ive got college at 11:30 and im kinda bored,. i had a shower did ma hair prayed and i thought id hav it all dun jus int ime for 11 but i got it all done at 10:15 and now i dont know what the hellt o do, TV's crap and nets not doin much either
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
well what would u like to discuss - did u hear about what that Lib Dem MP said yesterday - what did u think of it?
I think being able to understand the motivation of everyone involved is important in understanding how to solve a problem. And I think most parents would willingly give their lives if they believed it would give their children more hope of a decent life. She was just naive enough to think she could mention the specifics of one side and not have a reaction from the press.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
I think being able to understand the motivation of everyone involved is important in understanding how to solve a problem. And I think most parents would willingly give their lives if they believed it would give their children more hope of a decent life.
i actually do agree with ur point - u also have to think of the context in which she said it - she said it at a pro-Palestine convention - and anyway she is entitled to her opinion - although better judgement would have stopped her from making such comments
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by SparklLZz)
ive got college at 11:30 and im kinda bored,. i had a shower did ma hair prayed and i thought id hav it all dun jus int ime for 11 but i got it all done at 10:15 and now i dont know what the hellt o do, TV's crap and nets not doin much either
which god(s) did u pray to - i pray to pretty much anyone during exams
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
She was on the BBC news programme this morning and they were trying to say that she had said something completely different to what she said she had.
cherrydrops1985
Report 16 years ago
which god(s) did u pray to - i pray to pretty much anyone during exams
prayed to Allah swt
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
She was on the BBC news programme this morning and they were trying to say that she had said something completely different to what she said she had.
Morning Viviki - is that right = what was the angle being promoted? Was it to absolve her of any wrong in the comments she had made or was it to drive the sickle still deeper
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sad isn't it - anyone would think she'd told every palestinian to strap on a bomb :rolleyes:

Of course it wasn't the most sensible thing for someone to say publicly, but as with Cherie Blair I believe that she was a expressing a very personal opinion from the experience she's gained of the situation.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Sad isn't it - anyone would think she'd told every palestinian to strap on a bomb :rolleyes:

Of course it wasn't the most sensible thing for someone to say publicly, but as with Cherie Blair I believe that she was a expressing a very personal opinion from the experience she's gained of the situation.
Hmm - it is a touchy subject in all honest truth - but admittedly some people are getting fed up of the way the Israelis handle things
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I do appreciate that there is some sense behind her opinion. It is very easy for us to say that we would never consider suicide bombing and list its wrongs without considering the culture and society these people are brought up into. She did say that she thinks that suicide bombing is terrible and wrong. The media are trying to get away with sensationalising what she said making it into something with completely different connotations. Guess Kilroy is old news and they are moving onto their next target.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Hey did everyone hear about the cold-snap hitting the UK next week - temperatures will be as low as -14 degrees celsius - is anyone in the least bit worried about this - there are implications for water pipes but also the state of the environment - what next in our see-saw British weather after a very hot summer 2003 and a tornado near Bristol
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
I do appreciate that there is some sense behind her opinion. It is very easy for us to say that we would never consider suicide bombing and list its wrongs without considering the culture and society these people are brought up into. She did say that she thinks that suicide bombing is terrible and wrong. The media are trying to get away with sensationalising what she said making it into something with completely different connotations. Guess Kilroy is old news and they are moving onto their next target.
that is the fundamental point everyone seems to be missing - she said that it was something horrible but she could understand why people are driven to such actions
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I prefer cold weather to hot weather anyway. I just hope it doesnt affect the the trains because i want to go home next week.
Its not good for the elderly however, my grandad isnt alive anymore but when he was he would rather have frozen to death than paid more heating even though he could afford it.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
I prefer cold weather to hot weather anyway. I just hope it doesnt affect the the trains because i want to go home next week.
Its not good for the elderly however, my grandad isnt alive anymore but when he was he would rather have frozen to death than paid more heating even though he could afford it.
well u heard about those poor pensioners who literally froze to death because British Gas cut their supply off for failure to pay a bill - even though they had never missed a payment in something like 50 years
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that is the fundamental point everyone seems to be missing - she said that it was something horrible but she could understand why people are driven to such actions
Yeah. The headline's of it were really bad, but once you look at what she actually said, there wasn't all that much there to be controversial to be honest.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
What are u studying in Sheffield? Law wasnt it?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
29.63%
No (16)
59.26%
Don't know (3)
11.11%

Watched Threads