Love poetry. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I don't believe i'm writing this, but oh well.
Has anyone got tips on writing love poetry.
Things like how to aviod cliche's, good rhythmic patterns etc. or anything really, the sort of language to use etc.
kita
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
I don't believe i'm writing this, but oh well.
Has anyone got tips on writing love poetry.
Things like how to aviod cliche's, good rhythmic patterns etc. or anything really, the sort of language to use etc.
Erm....no. I would help but love poetry isnt exactly my strong point. I could write it but not all the technical things your asking. Sorry!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by kita)
Erm....no. I would help but love poetry isnt exactly my strong point. I could write it but not all the technical things your asking. Sorry!
Well yeah, me too. But when i write it, i have lots of problems with the flow of the words in it, and getting it to sound right.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have an idea of where the poem is going before you start it. you would be amazed the amount of people that start with a vague idea and then end up carrying it on just because it rhymes because they dont know how to finish it.
kita
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why dont you write it, post it up on here or something and between us we could work it out? ....if you wanted to that is lol.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
Have an idea of where the poem is going before you start it. you would be amazed the amount of people that start with a vague idea and then end up carrying it on just because it rhymes because they dont know how to finish it.

I have completely the opposite problem really. I know where it's going, but when i get to the perfect end, i always look back, and think it isn't long enough. I never know how long to make them.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by kita)
Why dont you write it, post it up on here or something and between us we could work it out? ....if you wanted to that is lol.
Well, yeah, i would like too. And i have one written, but... well, i find it sort of embarrasing. Not really the sort of thing that someone like me should be writing really...
I know its stupid though, but... i don't know to be honest.
I just think that everyone will think its stupid and stuff
kita
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, yeah, i would like too. And i have one written, but... well, i find it sort of embarrasing. Not really the sort of thing that someone like me should be writing really...
I know its stupid though, but... i don't know to be honest.
I just think that everyone will think its stupid and stuff
I'm sure its lovely, i like love poetry, u could PM it 2 me if you want. I'm not exactly brilliant at making it perfect etc but I could try and help if you wanted me too.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by kita)
I'm sure its lovely, i like love poetry, u could PM it 2 me if you want. I'm not exactly brilliant at making it perfect etc but I could try and help if you wanted me too.
Well, i'm never confident about my writing really.
Its just that... if i put something out there which i've put myself into, my heart and soul, and people don't like it, then... well, i'll feel exposed, and i'm really not used to exposing myself like that.
kita
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, i'm never confident about my writing really.
Its just that... if i put something out there which i've put myself into, my heart and soul, and people don't like it, then... well, i'll feel exposed, and i'm really not used to exposing myself like that.
I,m exactly like that dont worry. I hate to think that if you post something you have put everything into, and then people put you down for it, I would lose my confidence in everything!! Feel free to post it to me though and I'll try help as much as I can x
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by kita)
I,m exactly like that dont worry. I hate to think that if you post something you have put everything into, and then people put you down for it, I would lose my confidence in everything!! Feel free to post it to me though and I'll try help as much as I can x
...well, i've sent it to you...
kita
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
...well, i've sent it to you...
Yep, Ive got it and replied to it aswell!
That was really really good, I read it a few times, there doesnt seem to be a problem with the flow of words or anything, and you have avoided cheesy unoriginal cliches. I say well done, you should be impressed with yourself!! Youve got loads of original ideas in there.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by kita)
Yep, Ive got it and replied to it aswell!
That was really really good, I read it a few times, there doesnt seem to be a problem with the flow of words or anything, and you have avoided cheesy unoriginal cliches. I say well done, you should be impressed with yourself!! Youve got loads of original ideas in there.

I don't know what to say really.
I mean, i was prepared for a negative response, and expected it, but...
I'm just speechless
kita
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I don't know what to say really.
I mean, i was prepared for a negative response, and expected it, but...
I'm just speechless
aww bless you, seriously though, u shud save that and give it to someone lol, i think thats really good!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by kita)
aww bless you, seriously though, u shud save that and give it to someone lol, i think thats really good!

Well, yeah, i suppose.
But i don't think i'd be confident enough to give it to someone.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1335)
79.65%
Leave (341)
20.35%

Watched Threads