53.76%
rhinger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Failure of trolling and baiting women into being angry

Honestly. WTF is so special about it.

A girl who wears nothing but decent clothes is about as or even more attractive than pretentious girls who wear jewellery.

Jewellery are as unnotable as handbags. True fact.

Women talk about jewellery when they're together, at least when they're adults. Really? I could have a more interesting conversation with my pet turtle Ninja Rafael, TRUE STORY.

So why is jewellery so important now?
Liam 09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
SHINY!

Really, I do not know.
Yawn11
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cause diamonds are a girl's best friend init.
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jewellery shows you is rich and can afford the bling innit? Bigger the hoops the higher your rate of job seekers/incapacity benefit.
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
does it matter if they are?
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Costume jewellery or fine jewellery?

All my fine jewellery means something to me. I don't really wear costume jewellery so I can't comment on that.
Ronda
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jewellery bugs me, it just gets in the way. Like bracelets, you move your arm and they all move too and start rubbing against your arm and it hurts after a bit..
Persephone9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jewelery adds something extra to your outfit, and some jewelery has sentimental value. A lot of men may not notice it, but a lot of women do.

And it's just kind've pretty
SPMS
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's pretty.
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Yawn11)
Cause diamonds are a girl's best friend init.
I really don't know why I sang that statement, and in an Australian accent merging Sheilas' Wheels and Diamond. ****ing female car insurance. :facepalm:
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bro, its pieces of metal with precious stones in it. (Most of the time).

Does it REALLY matter? If they want to wear it, that's their choice. If they feel it makes them look nicer, or that they've put lots of effort into a night out or something, why does it matter?

I agree, some people got over-the-top. But for the most part, can't say it bothers me at all. :cool:
loonyplatypus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends what kind of jewellery you're talking about. I have a few things (two rings and a bracelet) which were all relatively cheap and don't look like anything special, but mean a lot to me. But none of the rest is important, really :dontknow:
Liam 09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
By the way, your Poll makes no sense.

EDIT: It does make sense, it has taken a neg rep to make me realise that.
Cynthi007
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I love it, too. would never leave the house without it. Don´t know why. I feel naked without maybe. removing it feels strange. I am used to it. I feel comfortable puuting it on and shabby putting it of. it became a ritual to me to put it on. it´s something special you could dd to your clothes. I would rather live without a cell phone then without a necklace, ring or ear rings. But I hate wothless cheap rubbish. I would never wear kitschy imitates.
NellGwynne
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rhinger)

A girl who wears nothing but decent clothes is about as or even more attractive than pretentious girls who wear jewellery.

Women talk about jewellery when they're together, at least when they're adults. Really? I could have a more interesting conversation with my pet turtle Ninja Rafael, TRUE STORY.

You know, jewellery isn't all that important to all women.

On an averavge day I probably only wear my importany piercings IE, industrial, belly bar and a couple of studs in my ears.

I don't walk out the house all blinged out.

I don't like rings, they irritate me.
I Can't bare wearing a watch.
And I end up taking bracelets off when I write.

So to me, meh but many women yes.

We like them as they add that extra something and it draws the eyes to where they may want a person to look. And it just finishes the look off nicely.

Mujeriego
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because it is shiny and therefore covetable. I do hate gold though. The sight of it makes me a bit nauseous.
Tombola
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've never really thought that much about it, but... it's kind of true. What is the value in jewellery by themselves. They aren't really noticable at all, well at least to most males. Perhaps, it's something that other women have gotten used to noticing.

Otherwise I can understand sentimental value.
Tempted to ask my girlfriend, though I'm not sure she'll be impressed.
Swell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No no no, don't ask TSR, ask Mr T...

chiksy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rhinger)

because diamonds are girls best friends
dolly88
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
jewellery is often just like any other bit of clothing...
A lot of clothing isnt necessary, its fashionable, which is the same as jewellery
and if it has been given as a gift, then it usually means something to the wearer
or...it can be used to make an outfit look better, or draw attention to an area...
tada!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.29%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.41%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (36)
14.69%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.24%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.8%

Watched Threads