This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Idiotic comment? Vienna I think the term aptly referred to you on countless occasions by people who read your posts......
where...

Did i say it "justified" it, but you can't see things in black and white. But sorry..you can because you are..Vienna :rolleyes:
so, no constructive reply?..ok.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am getting out of this conversation now..i will let Le Pen's number one supporter enjoy herself talking utter crap. I just don't understand why you use this forum, i don't mean to be rude..but i doubt very people would miss you if you...disappeared.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Loads more Palestians are killed daily than Israeli's- they don't have the weapons to fight them. It may not be morally right, but that's all they feel they can do.
that is irrelevant. suicide bombing should not be condoned.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if she was trying to distance herself from her comments she would apologise for them which is what her party want her to do.
There is no point arguing about who is worst israel or palestine it is a completely futile exercise. Surely you can acknowledge there is fault on both sides.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
There is no nightmare, she announced ages ago that she is standing down at the next election.
her views reflect on the party. hence Charles Kennedys reiteration that they werent shared by the LibDems.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
"having seen the violence and the humiliation and the provocation that the Palestinian people live under every day and have done since their land was occupied by Israel, I could understand where [suicide bombers] were coming from"

This does not state that she is condoning suicide bombing.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
She didn't say she condoned it, she just said that in order to resolve a problem you have to try and understand it. Seems quite reasonable to me.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally Posted by aliel
Idiotic comment? Vienna I think the term aptly referred to you on countless occasions by people who read your posts......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vienna:
where...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Where Vienna? Well some members do actually get on with one another..and use other means of communicating other than the forum......and people are getting tired of you. You aren't really student are you? If you are, what the hell are you doing spending your time with 16-20 year olds???!!!! I'm sure Paris has a lot of offer, but as we all imagine you lack the company to enjoy it.

I am sorry to be mean, but i think i am merely verbalising what is on many people's minds...
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
her views reflect on the party. hence Charles Kennedys reiteration that they werent shared by the LibDems.
I'm sure Galloway has come out with far more extreme comments in his time, yet Labour still managed to win the last election.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so Israeli citizens are all guilty, yet there is uproar if we label all Arabs terrorists? hmmm...righto.

air-strikes against terrorist targets. i have never denied the measures taken by Israel, but this is about whether suicide bombing should be condoned. it is obvious that no matter what the situation, it should clearly not be.

he was shot almost a year ago and has been 'dead' since August.

the day before, 4 israelis died when their compassion allowed a mother to blow them up. this tit for tat argument can go on forever if you want.
Israeli citizens are guilty yes. I don't think you could say all Arabs are terrorists. Are some 'terrorists' at all, but freedom fighters.

I was highlighting the point that as well as slaughtering Palestinians, Israeli soldiers are aiming at peace campaigners now.
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think vienna95 needs to get laid more often...maybe then she will be less argumentative...
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Surely you can acknowledge there is fault on both sides.
i pointed out that suicide bombing should not be condoned. i never raised any points about who was right or wrong. instead, i get three or four posters who wish to begin such a debate with the views that its ok to kill innocents because of what Israel is doing to them. i have stated more than once that this is irrelevant. it should not be condoned by a British politician who should hopefully be wishing for peace.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Israeli citizens are guilty yes.
Guilty by birth? That sounds like a bit of a dangerous concept to be fair.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"having seen the violence and the humiliation and the provocation that the Palestinian people live under every day and have done since their land was occupied by Israel, I could understand where [suicide bombers] were coming from"

if u are willing to do something yourself, it implies that you condone that action.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i pointed out that suicide bombing should not be condoned. i never raised any points about who was right or wrong. instead, i get three or four posters who wish to begin such a debate with the views that its ok to kill innocents because of what Israel is doing to them. i have stated more than once that this is irrelevant. it should not be condoned by a British politician who should hopefully be wishing for peace.

viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I disagree. Just because you can understand the reasons behind someones actions doesnt mean that you agree with it.

"If I had to live in that situation - and I say that advisedly - I might just consider becoming one myself"

Note 'live' in that situation, ie not just turn up there Live there be born into that society know nothing else except for that. In that context I dont think that it is reprehensible to say such a thing. Anyone being born into that lifestyle might consider suicide bombing. However this doesnt mean that i in anyway condone it.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think she is wishing for a peace, hence her 'in order to resolve a problem, you have understand it' comment (which seems perfectly responsible). Her 'maybe I would become one too' comment was a slightly strange, but I don't think it amounts to condoning the practice.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
I'm sure Galloway has come out with far more extreme comments in his time, yet Labour still managed to win the last election.
and was kicked out. the LibDems did not share her views and made statements to that effect.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Guilty by birth? That sounds like a bit of a dangerous concept to be fair.
Perhaps. Take it to mean people that can or could effect the situation.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and was kicked out. the LibDems did not share her views and made statements to that effect.
He was kicked out long after his extremism was well known, and long after Labour had one the election.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.79%
No (263)
33.21%

Watched Threads