This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Israeli citizens are guilty yes. I don't think you could say all Arabs are terrorists. Are some 'terrorists' at all, but freedom fighters.
how very very disturbing.

I was highlighting the point that as well as slaughtering Palestinians, Israeli soldiers are aiming at peace campaigners now.
where do you read this stuff?
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
"If I had to live in that situation - and I say that advisedly - I might just consider becoming one myself"

"having seen the violence and the humiliation and the provocation that the Palestinian people live under every day and have done since their land was occupied by Israel, I could understand where [suicide bombers] were coming from"

out of context?

Oooh, the shoe is on the other foot now. Hypocrite.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
He was kicked out long after his extremism was well known, and long after Labour had one the election.
I thought he was kicked out for being to friendly with Saddam Hussein. I know some of his views are not shared by Labour's 'friends of Israel' group.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Originally Posted by aliel
Idiotic comment? Vienna I think the term aptly referred to you on countless occasions by people who read your posts......

Where Vienna? Well some members do actually get on with one another..and use other means of communicating other than the forum......and people are getting tired of you. You aren't really student are you? If you are, what the hell are you doing spending your time with 16-20 year olds???!!!! I'm sure Paris has a lot of offer, but as we all imagine you lack the company to enjoy it.

I am sorry to be mean, but i think i am merely verbalising what is on many people's minds...
i think vienna95 needs to get laid more often...maybe then she will be less argumentative
the response you get for not understanding the murder of innocent people.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Oooh, the shoe is on the other foot now. Hypocrite.
eh?

its nice to see that you only feel petty comments like this are worth a response and not some rather disturbing comments that support suicide bombing and label all Israeli citizens as guilty.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I was highlighting the point that as well as slaughtering Palestinians, Israeli soldiers are aiming at peace campaigners now.
Which would be unacceptable if israel were condoning that but they are not

"The Israeli authorities on Monday charged an Israeli soldier with grievous bodily harm over the shooting and said he would stand trial.

Security sources said the charges would probably be changed to manslaughter since Mr Hurndall's death."
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
eh?

its nice to see that you only feel petty comments like this are worth a response and not some rather disturbing comments that support suicide bombing and label all Israeli citizens as guilty.
TO be honest I only read as far as your post and felt the need to respond.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the response you get for not understanding the murder of innocent people.
I can't really claim to understand why anyone who murder anyone else to be honest. The concept of actually blowing yourself up in order to kill others is even more mind-boggling though and does suggest that there is some real issue to be resolved.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
I disagree. Just because you can understand the reasons behind someones actions doesnt mean that you agree with it.

"If I had to live in that situation - and I say that advisedly - I might just consider becoming one myself"

Note 'live' in that situation, ie not just turn up there Live there be born into that society know nothing else except for that. In that context I dont think that it is reprehensible to say such a thing. Anyone being born into that lifestyle might consider suicide bombing. However this doesnt mean that i in anyway condone it.
i dont condone suicide bombing but I really dont think that her comments intended to do this.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how very very disturbing.

where do you read this stuff?
Israeli citizens - guilty of having an appartheid state. it is disturbing yes, but true.

I read newspapers and watch the news.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Israeli citizens - guilty of having an appartheid state. it is disturbing yes, but true.

I read newspapers and watch the news.
You don't choose your nationality.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Which would be unacceptable if israel were condoning that but they are not

"The Israeli authorities on Monday charged an Israeli soldier with grievous bodily harm over the shooting and said he would stand trial.

Security sources said the charges would probably be changed to manslaughter since Mr Hurndall's death."
Oh thanks. Why did they bother charging him with GBH, shouldn't it have been attempted murder. These people shoot to kill.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
You don't choose your nationality.
So?
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I presume because their legal system is different to that of the UK.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So?
Well if you don't choose your nationality how can you decide that someone is 'gulity' because of theirs?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So?
I think you should change your wording to "Israeli government".
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my new avatar!!!

lime cat!!!
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
my new avatar!!!

lime cat!!!
o.k......
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
my new avatar!!!

lime cat!!!
1 - it's a melon...limes don't have stripes
2 - more than a little off topic
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
at least some people here can see that not supporting Israel does not mean you can lose all moral principle.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (243)
61.83%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.58%
No- I want it (106)
26.97%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.62%

Watched Threads