This discussion is closed.
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
i pointed out that suicide bombing should not be condoned.
Suicide bombing doesn't implicate attacking civillians.

There is very little difference between Israel using its technological might to attack 'terrorist' targets and Palestinians using guerilla warfare tactics to attack the occupying force. Both ways lose innocent lives.

Alaric.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
at least some people here can see that not supporting Israel does not mean you can lose all moral principle.
Huh? I dont understand that comment.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
at least some people here can see that not supporting Israel does not mean you can lose all moral principle.
I'm sure of it. There are those that are sympathetic towards the Palestinians, and at the same time, I don't blame those living in Israel who aren't.

It easy for us looking in from the outside.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had already tried to point it out to him twice . I can accept the Bigcnee was perhaps more helpful with his comments though.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I'm sure of it. There are those that are sympathetic towards the Palestinians, and at the same time, I don't blame those living in Israel who aren't.

quite.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
I had already tried to point it out to him twice . I can accept the Bigcnee was perhaps more helpful with his comments though.
This is often a problem. i.e. when people give little/no thought to their phrasing.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i was going to reference you..
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)

There is very little difference between Israel using its technological might to attack 'terrorist' targets and Palestinians using guerilla warfare tactics to attack the occupying force. Both ways lose innocent lives.

Alaric.
Though the Israeli army is more into asssassinating key people in Hamas than killing civillians.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
unless youve been living in a cave, you should know palestinian suicide bombing is purposely levelled against Israeli civilians.

Alaric.
that difference being political and critical.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
Though the Israeli army is more into asssassinating key people in Hamas than killing civillians.
lol, 2776 your account is on 4, 999 posts!!!!!!!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
precisely.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Unfortunately that is very untrue.
Mariam Safe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago

Alaric.
Exactly, funny how some people cant understand this.

(Does anyone know whether Kilroy refering to "Arab States" or "Arabs". If Atab states, I'll retract from my original post)

Back to the original post, this woman (like myself) has seen first hand how inhumanly the Palestinians are treated under the Israeli regime. It reminds of "Time to Kill" about a black family who are treated like scum by two white men. It was based on a time when there was little respcect for black people. The girl in this family id only seven and on many occasions gets racially abused (having a heavy metal cans hurled at her literally braking her body. On another occasion the girl is raped again and again and left for dead.). How would a father react? As you would expect him to, get a pistol and shoot the men who committed these hideous acts. It is arguable whether he had the right to kill them but could he not claim the insanity plea? So he did. And this was a defining moment for US "civil liberties".

Don’t suicide bombers have the right to claim an insanity plea? We all know they feel as though they may as well be dead. Isn’t it rather naïve just keep on using the same tedious "advocating the use of terrorism, killing innocent civilians" is wrong argument. (which of course is right but naively taken out of context)
Mariam Safe
Rep:
?
I believe in freedom of speech with one exception; when it comes to all people who condone any form of discrimination ("Nazis", Zionists and those who believe that abolishment of slave trade is "saddening for society and values in the 21st century"). Would it be possible to remove such posters from this thread which I started?
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well if you don't choose your nationality how can you decide that someone is 'gulity' because of theirs?
By going to the state of Israel, and living there, Israeli citizens are guilty of contributing to an appartheid state.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
Unfortunately that is very untrue.
Though it is a smart military decision. The Israelis can also be accused of killing civillians in the process as well.

Not much different from the Americans bombing a civillian restaurant to try and kill Sadaam.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think you should change your wording to "Israeli government".
You can't just single out a right wing government.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
By going to the state of Israel, and living there, Israeli citizens are guilty of contributing to an appartheid state.
So a 10 year old child is guilty because he/she happened to be born in that part of the world?
Mariam Safe
Rep:
?

Bigcnee, I really agree with you. I think yuo've got to see it for yourself before you pass any judgment because it is scary how the media manages to hide certain aspects of this conflict.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mariam Safe)
I believe in freedom of speech with one exception; when it comes to all people who condone any form of discrimination ("Nazis", Zionists and those who believe that abolishment of slave trade is "saddening for society and values in the 21st century"). Would it be possible to remove such posters from this thread which I started?
Your definition of discrimination might not be the same as another persons.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (151)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.44%
No- I want it (69)
27.82%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.85%

Watched Threads