Tunisian man sets himself on fire over lack of jobs Watch

laeof
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...-from-injuries

'Bouazizi Mohamed, a young traveling salesman, had set himself on fire in front of the Prefecture of Sidi Bouzid, in the center of the country in mid-December. He made this gesture to protest against the seizure by police of fruits and vegetables he sold.

The 26 year old university graduate could not find stable work and selling products to the streets to earn some money for his family.'

Just made me think - UK was in a crisis of jobs, people loosing homes and everything they have worked for.

But how desperate must one be, to set himself on fire to try and grab the Governments attension?

I hope all this pain in Tunisia at the moment will subside, and in a few months things are at the least a bit better for them than when all this started x
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Happaned awhile ago. Least he achived something and the presedent has stepped down
Enoch.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
awesome guy.
Xhotas
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This man has now inspired me to set up business in Tunisia. Jobs, jobs for everyone!
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So,did he get the job?
viriol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Happaned awhile ago. Least he achived something and the presedent has stepped down
Sure, the president was overthrown by the Prime Minister. Great change!
Coda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
that's sad
Martyn*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It would be just as interesting to see someone do that here in the UK once their benefits have been take away and they are left destitute. Give the Condem coalition enough time in power and we might just see it happen.
OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
did he died?
StephenP91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Seems like the logical thing to do.
Dream Weaver
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by de_monies)
So,did he get the job?
That made me laugh. Very good
MishMash1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yh he did die. at least the country has got rid of a man greedy for power. same needs to happen to hosni mubarak in egypt! both have been in power since the 80's.

and whenever election happens (which is rare), no one can deny that the results are fake. e.g. in recent egyptian election..hitmen were hired by the government to kill anyone who votes anyone apart from hosni mubarak. do all (corrupt) arab leaders need to be assassinated to get rid of them from power?
CandyFlipper
Report 8 years ago
A true hero/martyr and I hope the political system that now forms in Tunisia makes his sacrifice worthwhile.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh looki here, a middle eastern nation gained its liberation without the West's intervention. They did in 3 weeks what the West couldn't in 10 years
tw15st3d
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
seems a little bit excessive but i suppose there are grounds for this....
Keckers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm guessing he was fired from his last job then
HereAgain
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
One less potential asylum seeker
B-Man.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
Oh looki here, a middle eastern nation gained its liberation without the West's intervention. They did in 3 weeks what the West couldn't in 10 years
Wouldn't*
They quite like compliant dictators.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (404)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1035)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (483)
22.22%
It was TERRIBLE (252)
11.59%

Watched Threads